Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mg42

Article about: Just added a mg42 to my collection. If you guys have a look if you can see any thing wrong with it ie proof marks and if it is definitely a german one and not made up cheers ang

?

Thumbs up Mg42

Just added a mg42 to my collection.
    If you guys have a look if you can see any thing wrong with it
    ie proof marks and if it is definitely a german one and not made up
    cheers ang

?

Sorry about pics

?

You should learn to post your photos right side up! It would sure make them easier to see/study!
    It looks like an original 42, but I can not read the markings on the receiver (lousy photo) so not sure.
    Sarge

?

yes sorry about that sarge i was in a rush ill get some more on cheers

Cropped and turned your pics.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank ade still trying to get good pics I'll get there and get them the right way round lol

Hi I think it could be an MG42 that was used by post war by the Austrian army!! due to the O.B.H. mark on the receiver Osteriches. bundesheer. Heeresigentium. (Austrian army property) this would also explain why it came with an Austrian MG 74 polymer butt stock!!

In Europe, MG 42 from wwII are hard to find, a friend of mine waited 3 years, to buy a yougo one !
    Mine is coming from Houlgatte(Normandie), local and original.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,

You have a Mauser made Mg42, manufactured in mid 1944.
    Mauser used the code 'ar' in 1944 and 'DF' is the date code for 1944.
    Known serial number range for Mausers made in 1944 are as of 2011 between 6999a - 412e making yours approx. mid 1944.
    As spotted earlier post war used by the Austrians.

A very nice Mg42, not too far from me here in Brighton!

Jonathan.

?

Only down the road severin thank you all for the info the butt stock iv only just got in the post the over Bakelite one was fake but she looking good now just going to put some more pics on