Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MG42 Barrel: WW2 or Post war?

Article about: Was interested in this MG42, but the barrel has no WaA so wondering if it's post war, any help is highly appreicated!

Default MG42 Barrel: WW2 or Post war?

Was interested in this MG42, but the barrel has no WaA so wondering if it's post war, any help is highly appreicated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG42 Barrel: WW2 or Post war?   MG42 Barrel: WW2 or Post war?  

Hello,

It's almost impossible to say for sure, you would need to be able to see the markings on the breech. As the barrels welded in place your a bit stuck. As you say no WaA visable on the barrel. I can say for sure it's a late war made Steyr with original finish. From the pictures I can see no post war parts and the AA finger sight is still present. Post war it's been used by the Austrian Army (BH) stamp on the receiver. I for one like it.
    Jonathan.

Cheers Jonathan, I really wanted it to be ww2 as its awesome, thank you for the help mate!

Oh I forgot to say, do you think the barrel is still 7.92?

Same problem really, if we knew the cal we could tell if it were post war or not.

Jonathan.

Yes, 7.62 would be a post war nato barrel right?

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    Yes, 7.62 would be a post war nato barrel right?
    Correct.

Jonathan.

Ayyyyy, I know something hahaha😂

Photos of feed tray and cover
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG42 Barrel: WW2 or Post war?   MG42 Barrel: WW2 or Post war?  

Bolt and top cover

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast