Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver

Article about: Hello guys, I´ve got some interesting info for you. There are 3 different MG42 receiver types and no one of them is similar to the MG53 receiver. I did not mention, that the MG53 has a signi

Default MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver

Hello guys,

I´ve got some interesting info for you. There are 3 different MG42 receiver types and no one of them is similar to the MG53 receiver.

I did not mention, that the MG53 has a significant welding on the left side and the AA attachment is missing, because these details are easy to fake:-(

So I need your help and I want you to send me your MG42 data with detailed pis.

If you want the comparison as a pdf file with a higher resolution, send me an email!

But look at the pics and enjoy it!

Thanks and greetings from Austria

Christian Kada
    christian.kada@parabellum.at
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver   MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver  

MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver   MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver  

MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver   MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver  

Default Re: MG42 receiver types vs MG53 receiver

Hello friends,
    I´ve updated my small comparison, but I am still working on it

Thanks for a very interesting thread! Good info.

Cheers, Ade.

[QUOTE=searchandfind;40053]Hello friends,
    I´ve updated my small comparison, but I am still working on it

GOOD JOB

I have a Yugoslavian Mg53 which has a waffen stamp to the receiver, two waffen stamps on the barrel and the bipod is marked dfb 1943 - and also waffen stamped. It was sold to me as a Yugoslavian gun and the vendor did not know of the existance of the WaA marks on the gun. can anyone give me an explanation of why these stamps should be on it?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I have a Yugoslavian Mg53 which has a waffen stamp to the receiver, two waffen stamps on the barrel and the bipod is marked dfb 1943 - and also waffen stamped. It was sold to me as a Yugoslavian gun and the vendor did not know of the existance of the WaA marks on the gun. can anyone give me an explanation of why these stamps should be on it?
    i've got on my deact m53 waa stamped bipod , i'm guessing they used every useful parts from mg42 after war,not fussy about its german origin, i've seen yugo gurttrommels in yugo paint ...hidden german markings under paint , the same with 250 ammo boxes or belts,obviously it's not common as most collectors or sellers look for waa stamps