Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Mg81z

Article about: Hi, a friend of mine has found a MG81Z. I´ve some questions about this weapon. Where is the serial number? Is it possible to find out the types of aircraft using this gun from the serial num

Boyington
    ?

Default Mg81z

Hi, a friend of mine has found a MG81Z. I´ve some questions about this weapon.
    Where is the serial number? Is it possible to find out the types of aircraft using this gun from the serial number?

Cheers Greg.

Default Re: Mg81z

Sorry, I wont be able to tell you the serial number of the weapon you have, judging by the condition it will have sadly gone due to the pitting on the metal. However I'm sure there will be some members on here that could tell you the aircrafts these were used on. Very impressive find

Thanks for showing

Danny

Hi Greg, welcome to the forum!

The serial number is located on the top cover, however, yours is missing this part. Even with the serial number you could not research to which particular aircraft your was once fitted.

These guns were fitted to Ju88's, Do217's etc. They also saw combat in the ground role late in the war like many other surplus Luftwaffe aircraft mg's.

Cheers, Ade.

pm sent

Quote by gibba1008 View Post
    pm sent
    Why did I have the feeling that it was only a matter of time before you came accross this

Thanks

Danny

[quote=gasmasksuk;180684]why did i have the feeling that it was only a matter of time before you came accross this

thanks

danny

Members who have read this thread: 1