Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Military Shotgun

Article about: The US used the M97 and the M1912 both during the 1st World War. It's true that the M97 saw more use during 1917 and 1918 but 20,000 M12 shotguns like that illustrated by Tango were indeed p

?

Default Military Shotgun

Hello everybody just wondering if anybody has any info on this weapon pleasedates etc.. I know it is a Winchester..but from what era?? Many thanks Terry.Military ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary Shotgun..

Hi, cant help you put a date on it but that is one insane trench shotgun.
    I like it a lot, are you buying it?

Model 12 Winchester trench gun. A lot of these were used when working POW work details. get me a SR# and I can tell you what year it was made. I have the Date on Manufacture books.

Thanks,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The barrel is marked full. This makes me think the barrel was cut down to make a trench gun out of it. I have seen examples that are marked cyl. or riot. These would be orginals in my opinion. The military had Model 12's that were military proofed for air corp gunnery training. They would drive a truck with trainee in the back shooting Clay targets on a range. " Farm boys" made better aircraft gunners as they hunted birds and had a better since of leading targets.

John

This gun looks reblued and the stock stamp looks like it was applied after the refinnish was appiled on the stock. This makes me think it may be a fake mock up. The US stamp looks like it was not applied at an Arsenal. It will still make a great display piece.
    Just my Gunsmithing thoughts.

John

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello everybody just wondering if anybody has any info on this weapon pleasedates etc.. I know it is a Winchester..but from what era?? Many thanks Terry.Military ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary Shotgun..

That's a nice looking shotgun. One that I would be proud to keep under my bed.

Martin

Military ShotgunMilitary ShotgunMilitary ShotgunThis is a Winchester Model 12, the markings don't appear to be correct for a US military shot gun. These are faked often. Attached are photos of proper markings.

?

Thanks for all the comments guys.. I have already bought it . It was going for a reasonable price so I thought sod it...I'm happy with so it will go on display in the War Room.. Cheers Terry.

If it is Military, it must be a newer one. The ones that were used in the trenches had a hammer you had to pull back , other than that, it looks identical, mind you, I am as far away from an expert as you can get.
    Is it in working order?

I agree. Model 12 Winchester riot gun with full choke barrel. Americans used a Model 97 trench gun during the war.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast