Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mint ac42 p38 find,info needed

Article about: Got it bought for 695.00.Looks like it just came out of the Walther factory in 1942.Some plumb color to the parts,matching numbers ,look all original?Good deal?

Default Mint ac42 p38 find,info needed

Got it bought for 695.00.Looks like it just came out of the Walther factory in 1942,grips are perfect.Some plumb color to the parts,matching numbers ,look all original?Good deal?Must have sat out the war in a desk drawer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint ac42 p38 find,info needed   Mint ac42 p38 find,info needed  

Mint ac42 p38 find,info needed   Mint ac42 p38 find,info needed  

Looks a beauty to me TC.

MAP
    ?

Sweetness! NIB (without the box of course )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks guys!Its a wonder how this one survived in this cond.,you can find late war p38s hardly used but in 42 there was still 3 years of the worst fighting to go,this pistol was a gunshop trade in so dont have any history on it.

Toecutter,

What a marvelous find! I have a Walther ac41 that shows a lot more use. Yours looks like it was taken right from the factory floor and has never been used and doesn't even have any holster wear. One of the finer examples I've seen. Kudos to you!

A beauty! Definitely the original finish, as the 'F' on the safety retains its red paint. I have a CYQ example that's been refinished, and is lacking this detail. Does the magazine match as well?

B.B.

As usual a real score you have there. Great price by the way also for one in that fine condition. A real keeper for sure.

Top drawer find P38 TC. Straight into a GI's kitbag and back home before it got used in anger it appears.

Minty find Toecutter.
    John

Thanks guys!The mag is not numbered but has the correct single 359 proof.BB I think by the h block they stopped numbering the mags.I would say its the original mag by the looks of it.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 05-16-2018 at 02:12 AM.