Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

MKII Bren

Article about: 5 posts up, terry posted a pic of his Mk1 I'll go take some photos of my 43 inglis, 45 inglis and 42 daimler so you can see the diffrences.

ww2
    ?

Default MKII Bren

hi forum, recently got this gun which is a deact (shame to see the insides cut and welded) all the wood seems to mach up good has mod arrow stampings all over the shot, made by inglis in canada and dated 1943 its in great condition although there is a few ware and tare markings on the wood as you would expect with a used peace, how does it look to the members of the public here? It also has all matching numbers so not a weapon made from parts! the proof paper for it is long gone in a house move by the previous owner could i go about geting one for it? any info/opinions on how to do this would be good as i might consider this for sake resale purposes or to be really honest i dont like it in my house without it and everytime i see it i remember no certificate!!! this lmg is only missing its strap and rear handle that i see? is it all mk2 partson this as i have no idea of the difference of the mk1 and mk2 bren guns as i said i am not a gun collector ither, why did you buy a deact bren i hear you all ponder? I got it for peanuts as they say , thanks for your comments.

Please it took me well over an hour to try and find out how to post photos and get this post going i still dont think i have done it properly, pics look all muddled up? new to the internet forum thing sorry guys.

JohnMKII BrenMKII Bren243.JPG242.JPGMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII Bren245.JPGMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII BrenMKII Bren246.JPGMKII Bren240.JPG258.JPG251.JPGMKII Bren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII Bren  

Default Re: MKII Bren

I bought one in the US last X-Mas for my brother. 500USD, but reciever had been cut and re-welded. Same shape as your, but not cut. Looks good. Could you tell me were you got it. Getting ready to buy one myself, but would like one like yours without welds. Thanks.

?

Its a nice looking gun!!!.me thinks. Terry.

WW2

If you want to sell it email me. Timpemberton@netzero.net. Also, if your canadian, I have my wifes family who live up north if shipping across the border would be a problem.

ww2
    ?

hey thanks all for the comments, i live in england sorry! maybe admin could sort the pictures to make it easier to take in? thanks!

ian
    ?

if you take the bren to an arms dealer ,he will re submit it to the proof house to get a new certificate for it

ww2
    ?

hey ian, arms dealer? i am not into guns really would this be any shop that sells hunting rifles etc? is this legal to own like this without cert in uk? my two reasons for posting it here, thanks.

ian
    ?

as far as im aware it is leagle without a certificate ,,if it has proof house stamps on all the parts
    the police may not like it that there is no certificate , but i belive its fine

ww2
    ?

thanks for your time and yes it has proof house stamps and engravings on a few of the parts, well i think thats what they are least they are on the small part that has had the corner cut out. stampings look like crossed swords and?, The engravings are crossed flags.

Hi W.W.2,
    nice Bren and in good condition, I have a deac weapon here without the cert, no problem, Ian is right if you want a cert you can take it to a dealer but it will cost. You only need a cert if you intend to move it from one place to another, if it is staying in your house i wouldnt worry, and anyone knowing weapons can see it is deac you couldnt put a round in it if you tried ( barrel Blocked ) and you will find the piston has been cut away. Either way nice gun. I have an Inglis Mk 1, 1942.
    Dave.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast