Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols

Article about: The Italian Ordnance Board generated this complex pistol Called the Model 1910 commonly refered to as the Glisenti Model 1910. Even though I have serial Number 77 with a date of manufacture

Default Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols

The Italian Ordnance Board generated this complex pistol Called the Model 1910 commonly refered to as the Glisenti Model 1910. Even though I have serial Number 77 with a date of manufacture of 1909 .. The calibre is 9mm Glisenti, which has the same case legnth as that of a 9mm Luger, except it is loaded lighter.. Many collectors do not know that there is a combination tool under the left grip.. The wooden handlepistol was picked up in North Africa, and the pistol in the flap holster was picked up in Germany by a GI.. There is some serious oldworld craftsmanship in these early Italian pistols... ..enjoy BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols   Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols  

Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols   Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols  

Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols   Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Model 1910 Italian Glisenti Semi-auto Pistols

Hi Bill, that is indeed a lovely peice of engineering.

This is what I find fasinating about firearms, how different designers around the world at different times, tried to create different solutions to the same problem.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Bill I agree the craftsmanship in these old guns is on par with the watchmakers. Thanks for sharing.

Never saw one of these before. Bill, it's unreal what you have and thanks for showing it to us. Collecting Militaria,,, it dont get any better!!!!!

nice guns i,l take two

Johnnie
    ?

You learn something new every day here! Although I am familiar with this pistol, I certainly didn't know about the take down tool under the grip!
    Thanks for sharing this Bill.

Johnnie

I have seen them in photos only but a few must have fallen in Greek hands during our conflict with the Italians during WWII. Excellent craftmanship in troubled times. Ammo for the pistol is hard to find and never ever let a 9mmP enter the chamber of a Glisenti. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers, Thanos.