Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Model 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringback

Article about: Hi everyone, Today I am showing the model 1914 Mauser pistol. This pistol has been kept in very good condition and does not show its age. It was manufactured in 1917. The serial number is al

My family member lived in Philadelphia all of his life! I remember the first time I met him was in the house that he was born in. He used to tell me that during the first half of the 20th century that this house was on the outskirts of the city and that he used to go hunting in the woods directly behind his house. The condition of the area that he lived in made me sad the last time that I saw him. The only thing that didn't change was his house.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looking at the word on the bottom left under magnification, it is "Philadelphia" and beneath it is what looks like a word beginning with "D" but I cannot make out the rest of it. It Might be short for "Department" or "Depot", or....?
    I was able to take a picture and change the colors around a little on it. The word does say "Depot" I guess that Charlie had to get this weapon approved to bring home at some point after the war. Thanks for the help again identifying the words!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12