MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mosin-Nagant 91/30 1942

Article about: Unfortunately, unless the soldier scratched in his name or his unit's name, there really isn't anyway to know the individual history of your rifle. Since it's a 1942, let's just assume it wa

Default Mosin-Nagant 91/30 1942

Hello guys,

I am new to this whole gun collection thing however I am a world war II buff in my own rights. I have a Nagant I bought and I need help with the markings, it is a refurb. but i fires great. It is a Basic infantry with out the sniper build.

Sorry if they are excessively big, but there it is.

?

Default Re: Mosin-Nagant 91/30 1942

lovely looks really nice condition! , i dont think it being a refurb detracts it in any way, I have a M44 carbine and love it to bits (refurb),

?

Welcome to the forum.
    Nice condition MN and a good start to your gun collection.

Hi,
    nice MN, i have the same model buy 1917, issue, i am sure your rifle was made by Izhevsk, they had a mark of a bow and arrow and then changed it to the triangle and arrow. your is in good shape and you are lucky to be able to shoot it, mine is a deac here in england. hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    nice MN, i have the same model buy 1917, issue, i am sure your rifle was made by Izhevsk, they had a mark of a bow and arrow and then changed it to the triangle and arrow. your is in good shape and you are lucky to be able to shoot it, mine is a deac here in england. hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.
    Dave.
    I agree. Another easy giveaway is th wreath with Soviet hammer/sickle on the receiver. A lot of people assume that all Soviet weapons have that symbol, but nope! It's unique to the Izmash arsenal in Izhevsk.

Can't really tell from your pictures, but is the bolt stamped with a serial number, or is electropenciled on?

Also, does your bayonet have a matching serial number to the rest of the rifle?

I cannot tell if the serial number on the bolt is etched in I will have to retake the picture with out the flash. However the Bayonnet does not match atleast from what I could tell.

It's pretty easy to tell. If the serial number on the bolt looks the same as the other ones you have, then it is stamped. If it looks like someone scratched the serial number in with a tattoo gun, then it has been electropenciled.

If the bayo doesn't have any serial numbers, then you can assume it is matching to the gun I suppose.

Then from what can tell it seems to match the other style of the serial numbers. As for the bayonet, it is a brutal one and I do remeber at the moment. I am at work at this time so I have to check with it.

Just so you know, Soviet military doctrine called for the bayonet to be mounted to the rifle at all times. When you fire your rifle, you may noticed improved accuracy with the bayonet attached because the iron sights were set at the factory with the bayo on!

Now that is very interesting, I also wished you could know the history of the gun considering it date it was made, this rifle must have an intresting journey to get to my hands. However, I wish I could locate a Lee Enfield, or M1 garand at a decent price .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast