Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine for review

Article about: Hello everyone, Here are some photos of my recently acquired Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine. Its my first Russian item and I'm happy to admit I know nothing when it comes to these. It was what I c

Alex W-I haven't imported any myself but know people who have-not an easy thing to do for an ordinary person as you need a firearms dealer's licence amongst other things and need to coordinate between Commonwealth and state authorities.

?

Finally managed to take it out to the range. It does have some kick to it and every few shots lets off a nice muzzle flash. I took it to a fairly restrictive range which wouldn't let me shoot with the bayonet extended so as expected it shoots a fair way off to the left. Im hoping to try it this weekend at my military rifle club with the bayonet extended.

Alex

Im glad you like the mosin too alex. they're great rifles! Believe it or not, I actually shot my first deer with a mosin. I was 14Yrs old, and it was with iron sights too LoL. Give us an update on how it shoots with the bayonet extended. im sure it will correct the pull to the left, as these were sighted in with they're bayonets extended,

Best regards- Jarret

?

Congratulations on a beautiful M44! They are fun to shoot....even more of a shoulder buster than the M91/30. If you can, shoot it at night and light up the sky.
    MarkV
    COL, U.S. Army (Ret.)

?

Alex W, that is a very nice M44.

I have one, but has no bluing left on exposed metal and the stock shows heavy use, but bore is in great shape. Here are couple pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine for review   Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine for review  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12