Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine for review

Article about: Hello everyone, Here are some photos of my recently acquired Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine. Its my first Russian item and I'm happy to admit I know nothing when it comes to these. It was what I c

?

Default Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine for review

Hello everyone,

Here are some photos of my recently acquired Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine. Its my first Russian item and I'm happy to admit I know nothing when it comes to these. It was what I consider to be dirt cheap with an immaculate bore and came with cleaning kit, oil bottle, ammo pouch and sling so I gave it a new home. Its rained every day I've had off since I got it so I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I think its a 1944 Izhevsk and post war refurbished. Its matching, post refurb with the magazine base renumbered. What I find interesting is the Cyrillic letter on the barrel serial but roman letter A on the other serials. Is the star marking on the bolt from the Tula arsenal? Does the stock finish look right or has someone messed with it?

Any comments welcome.
    Alex
    Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for reviewMosin Nagant M44 Carbine for review

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice one!

Hopefully member UK Cousin see this. I think he owns like 1,000,000 of them! He hopefully can give you some more info
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks like a nice one!

Hopefully member UK Cousin see this. I think he owns like 1,000,000 of them! He hopefully can give you some more info
    I only have 10 or 50, map.. Standard m44 soviet mosin. Yes the star is tula but the receiver is Izhevsk manufacture. The stock has been refinished as are 90% of every mosin in preparation for export. From every picture I see it is a very nice example of a Standard export M44 mosin. Congrats on the condition!

And with a pristine barrel it begs to be fired.

?

Sorry if i sound nosey but i thought Australia had a ban on the import of firearms of all types . Did you get that from within Australia? Or is there a license system

These have been imported for decades. Probably before the ban.

Firearms are importable into Australia-the limitations are on semi automatic or automatic long arms for private users.

PS See this site for more info on the MN. Mosin Nagant Rifle Accessories
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine for review  

?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

UK Cousin-thanks for clearing up the stock issue for me. I'm dying to try it out. I think I'll be taking it out in the rain if it's still like that on my next days off.

Jb4046-I purchased it within Australia. It has US import marks. From the little bit of reasearch I did this particular US importer brought in 15000 rifles in the 2000s and then the dealer I bought it off imported several into Australia from them.

Lithgow-thanks for the site. I've never imported a firearm, I'm assuming you have. Is there much hassle dealing with customs for the import paperwork?

?

The Cous is totally correct on the info.
    Alex when you do decide to take it to the range, make sure you wear a nice thick jacket as these bad boys kick like a mule!!!
    Great pick up

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil
    Ive heard these kick a little so I've preempted it and bought a slip on limbsaver pad-just incase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast