Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin-Nagant M91/30 sniper rifle

Article about: so ive been thinking about it, and i have decided that my one of my upcoming purchases has to be a mosin sniper, but i dont know where there is a good place to get one. any suggestions? i wa

Default Mosin-Nagant M91/30 sniper rifle

so ive been thinking about it, and i have decided that my one of my upcoming purchases has to be a mosin sniper, but i dont know where there is a good place to get one. any suggestions? i want something honest, and i dont want to spend too much. any suggestions?

thanks
    mo

Reg
    ?

Default re: Mosin-Nagant M91/30 sniper rifle

Live or De-activated? and where are you based? You could try this for starters but I dont think they export.

Ryton Arms

Reg

Hi Mo, the Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle is much faked.

Original untouched examples are rare.

Next we have restored examples: these were original former sniper rifles which had been converted back to conventional M91/30 configuration during post war arsenal rebuilt programmes. We call these "retired snipers". These are often then put back to sniper spec. Sometimes with original scopes and mounts bolts etc or a mixture of the two, real/repro, or more likely with completely new repro parts through out. The ones shown at Ryton Arms fall into this catagory.

The final catagory are normal issue rifles completly made into snipers from repro parts. ie. fake.

Cheers, Ade.

how can you tell whats real and what isnt? i would probably prefer an ex-sniper with a ww2 era scope. i dont mind if its not original to the gun.

i am in the united states and i want a live one by the way

thanks for the link reg

Hi mo,
    You are more likely to find one your side of the pond, i dont think you will find a live one over here. and then there is the cost,
    i have a friend in the U.K, who bought a deac, and it cost him nearly £500.00, i personaly would not pay that money for one
    but he has started a collection and is willing to pay.
    Dave.

Hi Dave, you can get a live one over here from Ryton's on section 1 firearms certificate. One of my comrades from 2nd Guards living history group and forum member "Comrade Coffin" has just rebuilt a live retired sniper. I will ask him to show it here. It is my intention to do the same thing as I have an original 1943 scope and mount in my collection which is begging to be refited.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    so ive been thinking about it, and i have decided that my one of my upcoming purchases has to be a mosin sniper, but i dont know where there is a good place to get one. any suggestions? i want something honest, and i dont want to spend too much. any suggestions?

thanks
    mo
    Im not sure how a gun could be fake unless its made of plastic...But if you want a rebuilt example with russian parts and maybe post-war but looks and feels like the world war 2 ones try Big 5 sporting goods thats where i got mine and they are about $500

Default Re: Mosin-Nagant M91/30 sniper rifle

well i think anyone would prefer a completely untouched original over a rebuilt one but untouched vs. wartime production fitted with wartime scope can mean a price difference of hundreds that i dont wanna pay haha

something always fascinated me about mosins and i have a couple, including a 1943 m44 matching mint condition that i got for 90 bucks : )
    i just really want a scoped 91/30. i personally think its the most beautiful firearm of ww2 and i want to buy one before they dry up.

Default Re: Mosin-Nagant M91/30 sniper rifle

i picked up one w/ a 1942 date at a gun show for $100 ... would love to put a period correct scope on it ..