Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mosin Nagant PU sniper for review.

Article about: Hey guys! Thinking of buying this guy, question is it all orginal to WW2? I know this went under armory refub. But are the parts WW2? Here's the link: Russian Tula 91/30 Mosin Nagant PU SNIP

Default Mosin Nagant PU sniper for review.

Hey guys!

Thinking of buying this guy, question is it all orginal to WW2? I know this went under armory refub. But are the parts WW2? Here's the link:

Russian Tula 91/30 Mosin Nagant PU SNIPER Rifle : Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com

Thanks as always everyone!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant PU sniper for review.   Mosin Nagant PU sniper for review.  

Mosin Nagant PU sniper for review.   Mosin Nagant PU sniper for review.  

Attached Images Attached Images Mosin Nagant PU sniper for review. 

Yes Danny, the rifle is an original 91/30 sniper, made by Tula; all the parts appear to be genuine WWII production; as you stated, the rifle went under refurb, and the scope also. Impossible to say, by the provided pics, how many parts are actually Tula (the scope mount does, but it is not original to this rifle), or replaced Izhevsk.

ziomanno Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Nice gun to have Danny. I'm not up to speed on the M but do know that funding an untouched original sniper is very hard. Kind of like an untouched M1 that wasn't reworked .
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I used to keep up on these but haven't in the last couple of years, so this may be dated.
    The number on the barrel shank is unusual no? I know Izh used to put the scope number here but not Tula. These may be added later (but others can confirm).
    You should look for the tula star in the following places.

Also on the BUTT PLATE and the following locatoins

and also at the following

- - ------- - -

and the site has two stars, one on the base and one on the adjustment button.

Quote by meyerse View Post
    The number on the barrel shank is unusual no? I know Izh used to put the scope number here but not Tula. These may be added later (but others can confirm)
    Correct; or, at least, this is the commonly accepted theory about Tula's (which numbered the base). In this case, since the number on the barrel shank doesn't match the scope's number, one would guess that she has been refurbed twice...
    And congrats! You have a very nice rifle there

also scope is a common 'progress' scope. correct WW2 but not 'special'

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Correct; or, at least, this is the commonly accepted theory about Tula's (which numbered the base). In this case, since the number on the barrel shank doesn't match the scope's number, one would guess that she has been refurbed twice...
    And congrats! You have a very nice rifle there
    Agree, and if the numbers were added after the first refurb the second scope added (when they put the number on the shank) would have not been a progress scope but probably a Yashkar ola or a KOMZ given the serial number type, but interestingly would have been a 1944 produced scope (same as the rifle).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast