Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mosin Nagant Sniper.

Article about: Nice rifle MarkV.....I have a few more pictures of mine, the left side of the receiver and of the rear of the scope mount (meyerse) I have also noticed that the mount has a small stamping in

Default Re: Mosin Nagant Sniper.

Nice rifle MarkV.....I have a few more pictures of mine, the left side of the receiver and of the rear of the scope mount (meyerse) I have also noticed that the mount has a small stamping in three places that I can see and I have tried to get a photo of one of these, (they all appear similar) the mount appears to have four screw fixings........at least I can clearly see four threaded holes with screws in place when looking into the open receiver, it seems that the closer I look I find marks that I was unaware of before...........as I have said thats why I love these things.........some aspects of them we can only guess at..............Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant Sniper.   Mosin Nagant Sniper.  

Mosin Nagant Sniper.   Mosin Nagant Sniper.  

Mosin Nagant Sniper.  

?

Phil,

If you look at this picture, you can see where the original scope number was scrubbed from the left side of the barrel (some of the numbers are lightly visible).

Mosin Nagant Sniper.

Mount appears legit. The heavily machine marked receiver with no apparent scope serial number (there or scrubbed) suggests the rifle was not originally a sniper. The number STAMPED on the mount would also not be normal for this arsenal and was likely added later (not during refurb but when the rifle was ''turned into'' a sniper).

Sniper or not i like it!...

?

Very nice, gents! My Finn M39 isn't set for a scope, nor does it have a turned down bolt, but I've thought about converting it a few times...then I just think about it and decide it should be kept all original.
    Dean.

Quote by Dean View Post
    Very nice, gents! My Finn M39 isn't set for a scope, nor does it have a turned down bolt, but I've thought about converting it a few times...then I just think about it and decide it should be kept all original.
    Dean.

The Finnish M39 are probably among the best examples of these rifles...I'd definately leave it as standard......A friend of mine has had a cheap example of a M44 Carbine fitted with a pattern PU scope with repro mount etc and the straight bolt cut and welded to a version of the turn down bolt..........its an interesting and usable rifle which is fun to shoot..........if you want a conversion job there are plenty of cheap guns out there.......happy shooting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2