Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mp-40

Article about: looks good Joe. better than the last pictures I had seen. John by GIZMO8Z Everything has arrived! Both mags are up and running (with display dummy ammo) Attachment 466291

Default Mp-40

I just acquired these two MP40 mags from a forum member (Thanks! ). To be honest, I never expected to own anything related to an SMG...

The one in better shape is marked: fxo 42. Waffenamt 37. This mag is missing it's floorplate, follower, and spring. I've sourced an authentic floorplate and follower for a reasonable price and they are on their way to me.

The one that is a little worse for wear is marked 122 40. It is also Waffenamt 37. This mag is only missing it's spring.

I'd like to bring the "122 40" marked mag back to life by tackling the rust.

I'm also toying with the idea for putting springs back into the mags to make them fully functional. I've been unable to find authentic MP40 mag springs, but I've heard that sten mag springs will work just as well.

Tips for finding replacement parts/ fixing up the mag that is rusty would be GREATLY appreciated!

Of course, now that I have these mags... I want a display MP40 and magazine pouches.

Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40Mp-40

?

Default Re: Mp-40

Nice mags Joe. Try raskantik.com He have a lot of parts etc.

Regards, Lars

Thanks, Lars! He seems to have at least one of the springs that I need.

?

I am sure he can help you out Joe. He can be slow on the answering sometimes, but he is OK. If desperate call him. I did

Regards, Lars

?

Nice Joe can't wait to see them up and working

?

Joe you could try BERGFLAK, I think it is?? He does MP40 spare parts..I bought a muzzle nut for my MP40 from him no problems & he is in the States too.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Joe you could try BERGFLAK, I think it is?? He does MP40 spare parts..I bought a muzzle nut for my MP40 from him no problems & he is in the States too.. Cheers Terry.
    Thanks for taking a look at this thread, Terry!

I actually bought the floor plate and follower that are inbound to me from Bergflak. Unfortunately, he does not have any mag springs at this time. Do you know of a source for them? I've heard that Sten mag springs work in MP40 mags... I may have to go that route.

Any tips for cleaning up these mags?

Best,
    Joe T

Here are some more pics...

Mp-40Mp-40

I used a scouring pad (low abrasion) to remove some of the heavy rust on the one mag...
    Mp-40

?

Sorry Joe I can't really help you here. It was that I used Bergflak for my MP40 once...Have you thought buying some repro mags & using the spare parts??,Not ideal but a stop gap....Sorry I can't be of much help..Cheers Terry

Everything has arrived! Both mags are up and running (with display dummy ammo)

Mp-40

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast