Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MP34 question

Article about: Hi Guys A few years ago I got a nice matching MP34 for my collection (deact), it seems to have a 'greenish' parkerised, or phosphate finish (see pics). I have often wondered whether this wou

?

Default MP34 question

Hi Guys

A few years ago I got a nice matching MP34 for my collection (deact), it seems to have a 'greenish' parkerised, or phosphate finish (see pics).

I have often wondered whether this would have been done in production, or post-war/delivery.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks

MG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP34 question   MP34 question  

MP34 question  

Seem to recall someone once telling me that this was done to those issued to the KM as deck protection, personal weapons and that it was a better finish for the effects of salt water corrosion. But I've never seen anything to officially corroborate that. Nice piece though, the parkerised finish gives it were crisp definition.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Seem to recall someone once telling me that this was done to those issued to the KM as deck protection, personal weapons and that it was a better finish for the effects of salt water corrosion. But I've never seen anything to officially corroborate that. Nice piece though, the parkerised finish gives it were crisp definition.
    Interesting, thanks for that feedback. All the MP34s I've seen all have the Portuguese order crest on them, but I suspect a large number may have been diverted for German Army/Navy/Militia use and not delivered to the Portuguese? Same seems to have happened to the order of K98's ordered by the Spanish or Portuguese at the same time (although haven't read anything about this relating to MG34s)...