Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

MP40, bnz 43

Article about: Hello folks. This is one off any UK collector's bucket list! After an exciting day at the War and Peace Show, I've come home with something very special. After being told deacts were thin on

Default MP40, bnz 43

Hello folks.

This is one off any UK collector's bucket list!

After an exciting day at the War and Peace Show, I've come home with something very special. After being told deacts were thin on the ground this year, I went with low hopes. I poked around D&B Militaria's stall and had a look at a few of their Lugers, but none of them grabbed me. I did the same with several other deact sellers, and then wandered over to Chelmsford Militaria. Having had dealings with James in the past, I have nothing but good things to say about him, and I had high hopes.
    They did not disappoint. I walk into their stall, and there it was. Ten minutes later, I'm walking out with it. At £1995, it ate most of my savings. But compared to the price tag of a UK Old-Spec, it was a bargain.
    It's not every day that I get to see one of these outside of a museum. And to be able to not only hold one, but bring it home and keep it, is very special indeed.
    It's a BNZ example, the wartime manufacturer code for Steyr Daimler Puch, A.G. Werk. Rolled off the production line in 1943, one of approximately 1.1 million made from 1940-1945. An honest 'used' example, with a lot of minor dents and bumps, a chip out of the bakelite, and most of the finish worn off.

This is also my first EU-UK Spec deact, with the new style of certificate pictured. I'm happy to report that they are far less severe than we had feared, with movement of the cocking handle and a good degree of stripping-down still possible.

Honestly, the only thing that could top this for me is an authentic MP44!

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP40, bnz 43   MP40, bnz 43  

MP40, bnz 43   MP40, bnz 43  

MAP
    ?

Very nice. Would love to have one of these eventually.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice. Would love to have one of these eventually.
    More expensive across the pond in working condition, aren't they?

B.B.

Expensive yes but worth every penny.simply one of the greatest SMG's ever designed,well done B.B............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Expensive yes but worth every penny.simply one of the greatest SMG's ever designed,well done B.B............
    Still can't quite believe I actually own one!

B.B.

Congrats Brodie 👍. I had a 44 BNZ parts gun many moons ago

Congratulations Brodie, she's a beauty. The been there look is off the charts, great addition for you. Price for one of these is indeed outrages over here for the majority of collectors. Even if I was lucky enough to purchase a firing MP40, I wouldn't shoot it. Nothing wrong with a great looking deact. Enjoy it.

Jay

Congratulations on such a Fine Score!! Well done and thanks for the Photos - Very Happy for You!
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you all! It's moments like this that this hobby's all about.

B.B.

?

Excellent BB!!! You mentioned the cocking handle moves, Does it lock back and can you let the bolt slam home when you pull the trigger?

Great Pick up

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast