Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MP40 parts value

Article about: Hello! Annoyed from this ads?   I'm new to the whole idea of owning an MP40. I recently acquired this wonderful parts kit/dummy gun. I'd like to post some pictures to gather what everyo

Default MP40 parts value

Hello!

I'm new to the whole idea of owning an MP40. I recently acquired this wonderful parts kit/dummy gun.

I'd like to post some pictures to gather what everyones thoughts and values on these parts were.

I'm going to be using the lower to rebuild a firing MP40. But the Upper receiver tube is a dummy.

I'd like to know the following information:

-Is the sling original? Or not. If yes, what's the value, if not, never mind.

-What is the value of original Bakelite grips and side panels with original screws? (I'm going to sell these off as I don't want to damage originals when I'm using this in the field of reenacting).

-As I said the Upper receiver tube is a nice dummy. I don't know if the sight and sight-base is original though. They are blued where-as the receiver is painted black. It's a solid receiver so the bolt cannot move. The only way I think the sight is original is there is a serial number on it. What would the value of this be?

-I have a shooter original barrel. I know these are somewhat rare, but I don't want to overcharge. (I do not need a live barrel as I am going to use a blank-fire barrel instead).

-Lastly, is the muzzle nut from an MP-38? As I noticed it has the flash-supressor hook on it. Or did they continue building this on the MP40's?

I know what I'm requesting is a bit outlandish, but I'd like to get an idea from some experts on what I've got here and what I can resell the un-needed parts for.

Thank you all very much for your input.

Photos below.

Those rear sights look good enough to take off and use on your post-sample (or registered) tube (if in the US, post doesn't say where you're located) - save you a $100 or so dollars if you have to source one.

The Bakelite is not very expensive, $200 $300 for the guards, are you expecting to be quite rough on the gun, mine has been through hell and the Bakelite is still fine - but your call, of course.

I would buy mags, as they seem to be steadily rising in value - I have found out of the 15 or 20 I have owned there is always 2-3 that just don't work very well.

Shooter grade barrel $300 - $500 depending, I just bought one for $350 -

Lot of crazy pricing on MP40 parts on Ebay though, so maybe I am low - there are plenty of places selling cheaper.

Firstly thank you very much for the response.

I was hoping to reuse the sight and base. So that's good to hear.

The Bakelite, well, I'm a WW2 reenact or. I'd hate to break original bakelite. A friend is ordering all the bakelite reproduced in Latvia. (unless anyone recommends a TOP quality source for reproduction bakelite). I'd prefer to sell mine to a real collector. It's in great shape and the original screws would go with it.

I hear you on magazines, I just figured for reenacting (seeing as this won't fire live ammo) I'd rather risk losing or damaging vigneron magazines rather than originals. But I do plan on picking up some originals along the way for collecting.

My barrel is in it's original finish and has nice rifling. When I get it off the gun I'll post pictures.

I'm just looking to find the parts I don't need, a proper home in the hands of a more capable collector. As cheesy as it sounds, it's my job as a reenactor and starting collector to get these soon-to-be priceless pieces of history in the proper hands.

I thank you for your reply.

(Also any opinions on the sling?)

Another question to, is there a way to strip the magwell, remove the receiver locking knob (underneath by the bakelite) pin, and the front sight assembly pin? Without destroying the pins? If I have to drill out the pins, are there replacements? Any opinions on this?

Buy one Vig mag and see if you can get it to work well, before you stock up.

I have three three that came with a repro pouch and they would take a lot of fitting to work in my MP40.

Not sure on the locking pins, I've never taken mine down that far.

I think you're right, it may vary from MP40 to MP40. My friend tried a vigneron with good luck and his fit.

I just think a vigneron will be slightly more affordable than using scarce MP-40 magazines.