Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mp44

Article about: One of my MP44's (45 dated) has thsi sling attachment too. Regards Bigsie

Default Mp44

This is my old spec deact MP44, ex East German and refinished by them. This one is unusual in that it has an extra front sling attachment on the opposite side to the original (which is still there), looks like the original roll pin was knocked out and replaced by the extra attachment for the sling? I bought this one back in 1995 (or maybe '96?) when people could still afford them...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mp44   Mp44  

Mp44   Mp44  

Default Re: Mp44

Some more...

Mp44   Mp44  

Finally...

Mp44  

Hi Mike, very nice.

Good to see the gas piston intact, the cretins who chopped mine in 1989 took it off...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yours is ex East German too ain't it Ade? Does yours have the extra sling bit? I've seen some other ex E.German guns but I think I've only ever seen one other with the extra sling bit, dunno if it was a unit mod or what? You ever come across it before?

Sometimes I get tempted to take it off and replace the pin but it would spoil part of its history and the roll pin looks slightly different to the normal type (going by the front pin) so it might look odd if I changed it? I guess it's been like that long enough now it can stop that way!

Looks great. Thats one of my favorite rifles. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Robert

Hi Mike, yes, mine is ex DDR too. But it does not have the sling mod.

Cannot say I have seen that before?

I would certainly leave it "as is"

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If I mind on I'll take some pics of the attachment sometime so you can see it. I think it's a proper set up but just can't figure out why it would be needed as all the original set up is there so why not use that and the stock end hasn't been modified so it would be an odd set up in use?

My favourite small arms weapon of WW2! Well done!

Here's a couple of pics of the extra, presumably post war DDR, sling attachment.

Mp44   Mp44  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast