Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

MP44 Sturmgewehr

Article about: by Carfin LEWYS Hi Adrian, Very nice MP 44 , congratulation. Some pics of my déact. MP 43, (8204g /44) , Fab: Haenel (fxo). Best regards. Carfin. Attachment 159564 Attachment 159566 Attachme

Default Re: MP44 Sturmgewehr

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    It's interesting how the prices of deact MP44s have steadily increased. A German dealer emailed details last week of a nice 1945-dated example for 3,000 Euros ( and I see from his website that it has sold immediately ).

A far cry from the days ( not that long ago ) when you could have your pick at less than £300.
    Aye, mine cost me £290 for an old spec deact! Pleased I bought one back then when I did as there is no way I could afford to be forking out for one now...just wish I'd bought a couple of them!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, I thought that you might like to see my MP44.

I have owned this rifle since 1988. I originally had this as a live firing weapon, but six months after I bought it, the law in the UK changed and all full and semi auto's were banned So I had the sad choice either to hand the weapon in to the authorities and have compensation for the price I had bought it for, or to have it deactivated. I chose to have it deactivated. It will still cock and field strip.

The weapon came from the former East Germany. Both the mags and the sling are East German made. I have got both mags filled with original but inert 7.92 x 33 rounds.

The gun was made by "bnz" in 1944. All serial numbers match.

Cheers, Ade.
    UK law has no mercy for live historical WWII guns like this.

Beutiful gun!

?

these are a gorgeous weapon! , love the sound of them too, cant be many in the UK i wouldnt think?

?

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    It's interesting how the prices of deact MP44s have steadily increased. A German dealer emailed details last week of a nice 1945-dated example for 3,000 Euros ( and I see from his website that it has sold immediately ).

A far cry from the days ( not that long ago ) when you could have your pick at less than £300.
    Hey Martin good to see you here mate
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Here's my active MP44. It's an old dewat that was activated again. It has mismatched numbers but runs great with my reloads. The pouch is original and was brought back by a GI with an MP44. It must have been shipped right from the factory unfinished at the end of the war as it's unused and the loops that would secure the closing straps have not been installed. You can see the location dots where they would go. The GI brought it back complete with three magazines.
    Original pouches are 100 times scarcer then the guns.

MP44 SturmgewehrMP44 SturmgewehrMP44 SturmgewehrMP44 SturmgewehrMP44 Sturmgewehr
    Last edited by RayG; 11-06-2011 at 03:12 AM.

BUCKI
    ?

Here is my mp44 paid 18k on gunbroker at the first of the year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 Sturmgewehr  

Hi, and thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,

Before I start, just wanted to say what a great thread this is!!!!! So I am also wanting to get a bit of MP44 action, and have found an old spec one I'm thinking of getting, but would like to see what others think who have more experience with these things than myself? Its an old spec UK deact.

Thanks for looking

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 Sturmgewehr   MP44 Sturmgewehr  

MP44 Sturmgewehr  

Very nice example. Ex DDR NVA issue like mine. Buy it!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Thank you and I am currently negotiating a deal on this one! May I ask if you or anyone else could help me with the buttstock as I have never seen one with that type of wood? Laminated or not?

Cheers

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast