Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

My Arisaka T99 Rifle

Article about: My cleaning job did the trick and now my rifle is chambering snapcaps without a problem. I'll bring the rifle to my gunsmith tomorrow and he can tell me if 1. the ammo is to blame, 2. if the

Default Re: My Arisaka T99 Rifle

Look'n good Giz

Burt

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Look'n good Giz

Burt
    Thanks, Burt! For a mismatched, ground mum shooter... I dumped way too much money into it. I just wanted to return it to something as close as possible to it's former glory.

Nothing wrong with bringing it back to military spec. Looks pretty good now. I got a type38 here which needs bits like cleaning rods etc but it quite aged and it wouldn't look right. Your fit the new parts well and at least you have he satisfaction of knowing its how they would have used it during the war.

Nice work
    Jason

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Nothing wrong with bringing it back to military spec. Looks pretty good now. I got a type38 here which needs bits like cleaning rods etc but it quite aged and it wouldn't look right. Your fit the new parts well and at least you have he satisfaction of knowing its how they would have used it during the war.

Nice work
    Jason
    That's exactly how I feel! The cleaning rod I got from IMA matched the patina on my rifle perfectly! I had a gunsmith look at it and he thought it was an original!

I ended up swapping slings. The one initially on this T99 Arisaka was a HIGH QUALITY repro made with old leather... it ALMOST looked authentic.

To me, it didn't match the overall look of the T99, which is chock full of repro parts. So! I put it on my all matching, all original, intact Imperial Chrysanthemum T38 Arisaka.

I just got this repro rubberized canvas sling for my T99:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_0403121507.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	327638

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234