Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Arisaka T99 Rifle

Article about: My cleaning job did the trick and now my rifle is chambering snapcaps without a problem. I'll bring the rifle to my gunsmith tomorrow and he can tell me if 1. the ammo is to blame, 2. if the

Default My Arisaka T99 Rifle

I literally just purchased this rifle. It's a Japanese Type 99 rifle. Chrysanthemum removed, no monopod and no wings to the anti-aircraft sight. I know it's not the greatest thing ever, but I'm happy with it and it looks like a nice and clean example. Not a last-ditch rifle with unfinished bolt and wooden butt plate. I didn't pay too much for it either.

What do you fine fellows think?

My Arisaka T99 RifleMy Arisaka T99 RifleMy Arisaka T99 RifleMy Arisaka T99 RifleMy Arisaka T99 RifleMy Arisaka T99 RifleMy Arisaka T99 Rifle

Default Re: My Arisaka T99 Rifle

My new bayonet should look great on it, too!

My Arisaka T99 RifleMy Arisaka T99 Rifle

Does anyone know a good source for the wings to the anti-aircraft sight, monopod, and cleaning rod? Repro would be fine as long as the quality is good.

Nice T-99 and bayonet.... Japanese stuff is very under-appreciated.............BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Nice T-99 and bayonet.... Japanese stuff is very under-appreciated.............BILL
    Thanks, Bill! Can anyone tell me more about this rifle based on the maker marks and serial number?

Can't tell you any history on these rifles but it's a very nice pick up though. There's one at a pawn shop around here that has "Mr. Strike" carved into the stock, along with some Japanese letters. Passed on it due to it being a complete mis match and the stock being sanded. Is yours in 7.7?

Nice rifle it seems that you are developing a nice Japanese collection they would display well with your helmets! I have a few clips of modern ammo for this gun but no gun...

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Can't tell you any history on these rifles but it's a very nice pick up though. There's one at a pawn shop around here that has "Mr. Strike" carved into the stock, along with some Japanese letters. Passed on it due to it being a complete mis match and the stock being sanded. Is yours in 7.7?
    Yes, mine is 7.7. The local gunshop is a treasure trove... he has gun parts and ammo for EVERYTHING, so I don't think that feeding my new baby will be a problem.

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Nice rifle it seems that you are developing a nice Japanese collection they would display well with your helmets! I have a few clips of modern ammo for this gun but no gun...
    I'll make sure to take a picture of them all when everything arrives. What kind of modern ammo do you have for this? Hornady, Norma?

Norma only 10 rounds in clips but thats a few fun minutes at the range.

I'm having trouble determining what series my T-99 is... I think it's probably a 21, but 29 and 40 are also possibilities. I think I can rule out 40 because that should only be for last-ditch rifles...

I'm almost certain it was made by the Kokura Arsenal, but can anyone help me pinpoint the series and date it was made? Also, any idea what the two markings on the right of the Kokura Arsenal marking mean?

This is the website I've been using as a reference for markings:
    Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 02-06-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast