MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets

Article about: Hello everyone Just took some photos of my recently purchased Canadian Long Branch No4 Mk1* 1942 rifle with what I hope to be an original Canadian 1942 Z. L. & T. LTD. web sling. The rif

?

Default My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets

Hello everyone

Just took some photos of my recently purchased Canadian Long Branch No4 Mk1* 1942 rifle with what I hope to be an original Canadian 1942 Z. L. & T. LTD. web sling. The rifle is matching apart from the rear sight which I think is a Fazakerley Mk1 and the magazine which is Savage made.

The bayonet attached is a Long Branch No4 Mk2 and the others in order are Singer No4 Mk 1, Savage No4 Mk2, 2x Singer No4 Mk2, PSK No4 Mk2*, Lucas No4 Mk3, Canadian Arsenals No4 Mk2, Poole No7 Mk1/L and Enfield No9 Mk1.

If anyone's interested I will post some more pictures of the rifle markings or bayonets.

Any comments welcome

Alex
    My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonetsMy Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonetsMy Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonetsMy Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonetsMy Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonetsMy Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonetsMy Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets

You are all good with the sling, lovely Rifle

?

Hi Alex here are a few examples of Z L & T Ltd stamps from P-37 gear in my collection for comparison your stamp look's ok to me I am pretty positive the sling is a winner as stated by Rene nice set up by the way thanks for sharing it .
    One oddity to note though is the use of upper case letters on the abbreviation for LTD in your stamp as compared to mine an interesting anonymity I have never noticed before .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets   My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets  

My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets   My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets  

My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets   My Canadian No4 Mk1* rifle with bayonets  

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Alex here are a few examples of Z L & T Ltd stamps from P-37 gear in my collection for comparison your stamp look's ok to me I am pretty positive the sling is a winner as stated by Rene nice set up by the way thanks for sharing it .
    One oddity to note though is the use of upper case letters on the abbreviation for LTD in your stamp as compared to mine an interesting anonymity I have never noticed before .

Regards Mark
    G'day Mark I've found these marks on the shoulder straps also 42

?

Thanks Rene and mark for your comments and the tick of approval for the sling. I know stuff all about webbing. I saw this one on eBay and as it matched the date of the rifle, I thought I would take the risk.

Alex

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Thanks Rene and mark for your comments and the tick of approval for the sling. I know stuff all about webbing. I saw this one on eBay and as it matched the date of the rifle, I thought I would take the risk.

Alex
    Glad to help Alex, Mark is one of my Best Mates here

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Glad to help Alex, Mark is one of my Best Mates here
    Many thanks Rene and you are most welcome Alex Rene per chance does the stamp on the shoulder strap show the upper case letters ( LTD ) as per the sling shown by Alex and or the smaller case ones as shown on my comparative examples as I am scrambling trying to find another piece of kit with the same stamp .

Regards Mark

?

Mark,

Found these on an Australian website with large LTD mark. Both look to be 1942 dated as well.

Lawrance Ordnance - Canadian WE37 Water Bottle Carrier

Lawrance Ordnance - Canadian WE37 Straps, Supporting

Alex

?

Thanks Alex I think I will make a copy for my personal reference material I have a fair bit of kit stamped to this Manufacturer but none with the upper case letters.

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Alex I think I will make a copy for my personal reference material I have a fair bit of kit stamped to this Manufacturer but none with the upper case letters.

Regards Mark
    Here's some pics I could dig up from my archive