Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My Cherry WWII Colt 1911A1 Pistol which is the centerpiece of my WWII weapons collection

Article about: I bought this pristine 1911A1 .45 pistol from a fellow collector over 20 years ago. It is a Colt manufactured version and by the serial number it was made sometime in 1942. It is early enoug

?

Default My Cherry WWII Colt 1911A1 Pistol which is the centerpiece of my WWII weapons collection

I bought this pristine 1911A1 .45 pistol from a fellow collector over 20 years ago. It is a Colt manufactured version and by the serial number it was made sometime in 1942. It is early enough in the Colt production that the serial number is also stamped on the slide under the firing pin retainer plate. They stopped doing this later in the production series. All indications are that this pistol was never fired, which the prior owner also believed.

The group picture is the pistol along with some mint WWII web gear, holsters and accessories. The M7 shoulder holster is a BOYT made, USMC marked and 1945 dated.

My Cherry WWII Colt 1911A1 Pistol which is the centerpiece of my WWII weapons collectionMy Cherry WWII Colt 1911A1 Pistol which is the centerpiece of my WWII weapons collectionMy Cherry WWII Colt 1911A1 Pistol which is the centerpiece of my WWII weapons collection

Default Re: My Cherry WWII Colt 1911A1 Pistol which is the centerpiece of my WWII weapons collection

I love her very nice and its my fav pistol.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: My Cherry WWII Colt 1911A1 Pistol which is the centerpiece of my WWII weapons collection

great 1911a1 with accessories,,, thanks for showing such a famous pistol...bill
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

A prime example of the type-congrats.

very nice example

In a word, spectacular. An awesome survivor. Thank you for sharing this fine pistol with us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Absolutely, fantastic weapon in mint condition...
    It brings back memmories of the one, i was issued some 20 years back that though not in pristine condition as yours, it was a sweetheart to shoot and i'm pretty sure that it still serves the Greek Armed forces...
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Take care...Thanos.

Beautiful!

?

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am justifiably proud of this pistol and I would like to say I executed some grand plan to aquire it. But in reality, I was just in the right place at the right time, when the collector father of a co-worker decided to liquidate his entire collection. I got the M1917 revolver I also posted here, this gem and an absolutely mint AC-42 Wather P-38, serial 453. Without a letter in the serial number, that makes it the 453rd Wather P-38 made in 1942. One of the earliest Walther P-38 pistols ever reported for that year.

Bob