Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My deac's so far

Article about: hi Ryan great looking rifle i see it still has its capture screws so the russians didnt mess with it , i agree with ade the colour is original , just a gentle clean with white spirrit and th

Default My deac's so far

Hi just a few pics of my collection so far, about 7 or 8 months just buying at leisure and when I have money. If anybody wants any more pics of anything in particular just reply and I'll get them up for you, thanks for looking! Just another thing, If anybody knows a good way of cleaning the stock of the k98 could they let me know? I dont want to sand it down though I want to keep it original to a certain extent. thanks!
    Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images My deac's so far  My deac's so far  My deac's so far  My deac's so far  My deac's so far 

Default Re: My deac's so far

AWESOME MAUSER 98 m8.

i like the Ak aswell but the mauser takes the cake for me i really want to get a mauser98.

VAMPY

ian
    ?

hi Ryan,your k 98 looks the colour of an rc ,a red laquer on top of a loverly red glue lamenate stock,this pic is what it will look like when you have cleaned it ,i did mine with fine wire wool and white spirit , cheers ian
    i should clarify , the russians put the red laquer on them ,so cleaning it off is the thing to do if you want to be original ,i think they did it for long term storage reasons ,cheers again ian
    RC meens russian captured
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My deac's so far  

Hi Ryan, nicely displayed collection.

I personally would not clean the stock on the K98: it looks fine to me. Do a general search on "Cleaning rifle stocks" and several methods will come up. But I honestly would not do it. The rifle has 65 years of patina to it and you will loose this...

Cheers, Ade.

Hi.

Impressive k98 ian i like the look of it.

VAMPY

ian
    ?

thanks Vampy yea that russian laqure is horrable stuff they slapped it on made a right mess ,some k98 have solid stocks that do have a red kind of colour and they look just as loverly ,but theres something special about the red glue lamenate that is realy beutifull ,but the russians love there red laquer
    cheers ian
    oh and mine is how the stock looked when it was in german use ,it still has all its imperfections and oil stains here and there

Hi.

both ian and badchild's mausers make me want to get one but i have to save my money for going to america this september and i really want a mauser 98 man it drives me mad looking at them and thinking mabey they might all be gone by the time i come back

VAMPY

Hi Ian, I don't think Ryan's K98 has the Russian lacquer applied to it looking at the pics? I reckon that the finish is the original German? I too like that red look to it. My K98 which is not a captured one has the same look.

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

hi Ade i beg to differ i believe i can see the red glue lamenate quite clearly ,under the breach and under the fore sight forgive me if im wrong ,or blind ,but i think im right cheers mate ian
    well ade the way to know for sure is to find out if it is an rc ,does it have capture screws ,electro stenciled ser no,s etc
    and mabe but not allways an X stamped on the breach?

Hi Ian, Ryan will have to put us out of our misery on this one

Hi Ryan, is this one a Russian capture or not?

Just for interests sake and not to hijack your thread, here is my K98. I bought this as a shooter in the 1980's for £50. BYF43, but not matching numbers. See what I mean about the red colour to the laminate stock? I love this look.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My deac's so far  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast