Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Enfield Collection

Article about: I have a couple of DP rifles, a Ross MkIII and an Eddystone P14-every part of them is stamped 'DP' even those that could have been recycled if needed. They were required to be deactivated to

?

Default My Enfield Collection

I currently own several war dated Enfield No. 4, MK 1 rifles. I'd like to share photos of these rifles with the forum members.

1943 dated Drill Rifle. You can see the white painted bands, the DR designation on the lower white band and where the stock and chamber were cut away to deactivate the rifle. Shown with the rifle is a MK II helmet, an unissued canteen and Canadian marked skelton style canteen carrier.

My Enfield Collection

1944 BSA (Shirley) manufactured No. 4. Also shown are the spike bayonet with scabbard and frog, breech cover, bandoleer for .303 caliber ammo, brass oiler and pull thru.

My Enfield Collection

1945 Longbranch manufactured No. 4. This grouping is for my RCAF display and includes the RCAF blue sling, spike bayonet, scabbard and RCAF P-37 frog. Also shown is an Canadian Air Cadet's side cap with the white AC flash and cap badge, an 1941 dated copy of Manual of RCAF Drill and Ceremonial, a set of corporal stripes and a black plastic oiler.

My Enfield Collection

Default re: My Enfield Collection

Very nice Gary thanks for showing, I am in Joplin MO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Very nice enfields, Gary! Thanks for showing.

Regards

very nice no.4s always been a goof favourite of mine only got one though a 1942 savage

tom

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    very nice no.4s always been a goof favourite of mine only got one though a 1942 savage

tom
    I met a fellow at a local gun show about 15 years ago. He was selling Brit and canadian weapons and kit. He also convinced me to get into reenacting
    WW II Canadian and so I bought several No. 4's from him, among other things. He had a Class 3(?) weapons license and could legally own full auto and machine guns and he did; a couple of Stens, Vickers, a BAR and a German MG43, as well as several Bren Carriers and a German tank. He had a ton of neat toys!!

?

Nice rifles Gary. Do you ever take them to the range? I would think they are not all deac. Hope not. MG43, such a sweet MG. I was gunner on the MG62 and to this day have a sweet spot for these MG's. The 43 and 62 is almost identical, even the tri pod.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Nice rifles Gary. Do you ever take them to the range? I would think they are not all deac. Hope not. MG43, such a sweet MG. I was gunner on the MG62 and to this day have a sweet spot for these MG's. The 43 and 62 is almost identical, even the tri pod.
    Thanks Datrus. Only the Drill Rifle is deactivated, the other two are fully functional. Last time I went to the range was years ago. I used to man the M60 when I was in my NG unit; that was a great way to spend the day on a range. No one wanted to carry it, but everyone wanted to fire it.

?

I love the 303 enfields.

Hi Gary, Love the rifles, Your Drill rifle will be marked DP for Drill Purpose rather than DR, It will probably be marked L59 on the left of the reciever. Peter Laidler was involved in the drawing up of the spec for these DP rifles and has written a few posts about them on the milsurps forum, well woth a read.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Hi Gary, Love the rifles, Your Drill rifle will be marked DP for Drill Purpose rather than DR, It will probably be marked L59 on the left of the reciever. Peter Laidler was involved in the drawing up of the spec for these DP rifles and has written a few posts about them on the milsurps forum, well woth a read.
    I checked the marking on the buttstock and it is indeed DP, not DR as I originally stated; thanks for pointing that out.

The left side of the receiver is stamped DRILL RIFLE L59A1 along with what I believe is the serial number. I've added the following photos of the Drill Rifle.

My Enfield CollectionMy Enfield Collection
    Last edited by gbalke; 10-19-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast