Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Father Southern France 1945

Article about: My father William T. Grist on the right in Southern France January 1945 with his 1928A1 Thompson Submachine Gun... Unit 901st. Ordnance HAM... And he still alive an well at 88 yrs......BILL

Default My Father Southern France 1945

My father William T. Grist on the right in Southern France January 1945 with his 1928A1 Thompson Submachine Gun... Unit 901st. Ordnance HAM... And he still alive an well at 88 yrs......BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Father Southern France 1945  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Default Re: My Father Southern France 1945

God bless him. Spend as much time as you can with him Bill.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: My Father Southern France 1945

Thank your father from me mister Grist for helping liberating us, god bless him and I hope he will live another 20 years in good health!.

JEFFLAMB1959
    ?

Smile Re: My Father Southern France 1945

Bill:

Interesting picture of the 6 wheeled version of the Jeep. After 27 years in the Army, I'm familiar with the M151 series of vehicles with the trailer, but I've never seen a 6 wheeled version like that. Do you have more info? Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum.

Bill has showed me this photo before, and being a WW2 Jeep owner and enthusiast the vehicle caught my eye straight away too. It is a field made vehicle and not a production model. There were various factory made prototypes made though, if you search the "Willys MT TUG" you will find some info.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Bill

Very interesting picture of your father you have there. Do you have militaria related items of him in your collection (uniforms, badges,...)?

Greetz

Nick VR

Hello Bill,
    thanks for sharing this interesting pic....
    Now i see where your interest for fire weapons comes from....maybe from your father...As i live in Southern France, i would be very interested to know where was taken this picture...(probably in Provence)
    thanks
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 10-13-2008 at 04:02 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

SS Ring Man
    ?

HA Bill Good For Him 88,lost my Dad 12 years ago 82ND PIR

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Bill,
    thanks for sharing this interesting pic....
    Now i see where your interest for fire weapons comes from....maybe from your father...As i live in Southern France, i would be very interested to know where was taken this picture...(probably in Provence)
    thanks
    JPhilip, It was a small town near Marsellies.. The area now is a Housing development.. I will ask him when I see him this week... His unit was 901st. Ordnance H.A.M...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Hi Bill

Very interesting picture of your father you have there. Do you have militaria related items of him in your collection (uniforms, badges,...)?

Greetz

Nick VR
    I have a Beretta M34 and His Medals as well as My Grandfather's Purple Heart and other medals etc, from WW1 He was in a MG Section... Co. A, 1st. Infantry Division..'The BIG RED One'...
    BILL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast