Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My father's M1 Carbine

Article about: I posted about this a while ago, but never took the time to take high quality photos of it. A gentleman owed my father some money and instead proposed a trade. Among other things, the guy of

?

Default Re: My father's M1 Carbine

Nice carbine Joe. The only thing I would replace is the upper hand guard. The 4 rivet hand guard on your carbine is for the M2 carbine. Since you have and early unmodified M1 carbine from Standard Products ( which I am sure you know is one of the manufacturers along with Rockola and Irwin Petersen that produced the fewest # of carbines) I would obtain a correct 2 rivet upper hand guard for it.

Quote by samnev View Post
    Nice carbine Joe. The only thing I would replace is the upper hand guard. The 4 rivet hand guard on your carbine is for the M2 carbine. Since you have and early unmodified M1 carbine from Standard Products ( which I am sure you know is one of the manufacturers along with Rockola and Irwin Petersen that produced the fewest # of carbines) I would obtain a correct 2 rivet upper hand guard for it.
    Noted, thanks Sam! It was modified. When my father received it, it had the adjustable rear sight which was damaged, a flip safety and a bayonet lug. I added these parts... but as repro.

Nice to bring it back to more original. Glad you have it and it makes a hell of a keep sake.

Thanks, Mauser!

I took my gf out to shoot it yesterday! She's a natural!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carbine Casey.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	445683

It looks a 100 times better with the wood rather than that plastic crap!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Looks like you have lost your rifle Joe. She seems very pleased with it. Just tell her you will find one for her at the next Gun show. Looks like great fun. I love shooting these things.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    It looks a 100 times better with the wood rather than that plastic crap!...
    Thanks! I need to get a handguard that matches the stock a little better. I was toying with the idea of putting a repro airborne folding stock on it, too!

- - Updated - -

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Looks like you have lost your rifle Joe. She seems very pleased with it. Just tell her you will find one for her at the next Gun show. Looks like great fun. I love shooting these things.

John
    Thanks, John! She's so tiny! The M1 Carbine looks like a long rifle in her hands!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12