Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first German weapon- P38 pistol

Article about: I'll see what I can do Terry, haha. They do accept returns, so there should be no problem, but I'd rather they supply a correct mag- I'd have to cover the cost of postage and insurance to re

Default Re: My first German weapon- P38 pistol

I'll probably ask about that samnev, good thinking.

That would be appreciated Ade, I suppose getting a replacement magazine that's WW2 period would be just as acceptable as buying any P38 that came with a non-numbered mag, being as you can't tell if it's original to the weapon?

Mat

A non-numbered but wartime era magazine would be just fine, I would say. Yes, they did, indeed however, serial number the bottoms of the magazines in some cases as well,though. To find an all numbers matching pistol With a matching numbers magazine is extremely seldom seen,as they were generally mixed and matched throughout the war as a matter of course. And even then, only the primary magazine was stamped with the pistol's serial number-the extra mag in the holster wasn't.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hello

This is a great addition to your collection ! K98 next , then mg34 lol

What soviet weapons do you have ?

Kind regards
    Alex

Thanks Wagriff, I shall seek a period magazine then.

Cheers Alex. Actually, I'm not a fan of K98s, I just don't like them aesthetically, and much prefer the Mosin Nagant (which I have) when it comes to bolt-actions. I'd love a Luger, MP-40, MG34 or MG42 however! As for Soviet weapons, I have a Tokarev pistol, Nagant revolver, a PPSh-41, PPS-43, AKM, and a Mosin Nagant. I will hopefully post photos of the collection soon, I just need to get round to it when there's decent lighting.

Mat

Hi Mat, here is my mag as promised. These pics will help you. The WaA 359 markings are correct for Walther.

The rounds are wartime, inert of course.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first German weapon- P38 pistol   My first German weapon- P38 pistol  

My first German weapon- P38 pistol   My first German weapon- P38 pistol  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Mat,
    congrats on your P38, it looks a nice pistol, thanks for showing it.
    Dave.

Thank you Ade, definitely helpful. I didn't realise the magazines would be WaA marked also, so I guess that means it can't be just any period mag- I'll have to ask if they can provide a correctly-marked one. What would the approximate value be of one, in case I have to ask for the equivalent value back?

Cheers Dave, now just to properly complete it with a matching magazine.

Mat

Hi Mat, sorry I have not got a clue on values of these. Never looked to buy one. So your research would be as good as mine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fair enough, I shall look into it- but hopefully they can just provide one. If I asked for a refund, I'd risk having to settle for a lesser-quality example, when this one is as good as perfect in my eyes, so it's a last resort I think.

Mat

?

Mat if the dealer doesnt refund you!! You can always hold the shop up with your new pistol,just be sure to wear a stocking on your nut!!! So he doesnt suss its you...While you are at it see if you can grab me a P38?? Cheers Terry.."only joking by the way"... Nice pistol by the way.. Im looking at getting a MG34 in the summer when i have saved up enough pennies!!!! Thanks for posting...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast