Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first German weapon- P38 pistol

Article about: I'll see what I can do Terry, haha. They do accept returns, so there should be no problem, but I'd rather they supply a correct mag- I'd have to cover the cost of postage and insurance to re

Default My first German weapon- P38 pistol

I have a collection of Soviet deactivated weapons, but only now have I been able to find an affordable German weapon. Of all the German guns I want, P38s are the cheapest of them, yet still generally out of my price range- but I found one relatively 'cheap'. It's the perfect example in my eyes: a fully-matching P38, 1942 dated and manufactured by Walther. I also like the dark grips.
    I probably won't ever have the money to buy any other German guns, so I'm very happy to have this as a representative piece. Thanks to those that have given me advice in my long run up to finally acquiring one!

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first German weapon- P38 pistol   My first German weapon- P38 pistol  

My first German weapon- P38 pistol  

Default Re: My first German weapon- P38 pistol

Hi Mat, glad you finally got one. Nice example of one which fell into Soviet hands.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade- I assume it's the finish that indicates it to be a Soviet capture then?

Mat

Hi Mat, yes. They are much darker than the original German finishes. But it does not detract at all in my point of view. All part of the history. The Soviets only got them one way....As you know I have one too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Matching numbers on the magazine also?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Looks like you got one of the real nice RC P 38, great find, congrats

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Matching numbers on the magazine also?
    Well since inquiring with a dealer, I found out from them (and here) that they don't tend to have numbered magazines. It was listed as fully matching, so I assumed the magazine would be correct- I checked it again having read your question, and it says 'WALTHER P1 9MM' on it. I didn't notice that originally... so it's post war. That's annoying. I expected it to at least have a period magazine, if described as fully-matched! I really like the gun, but this kind of annoys me. Maybe I should ask for a refund and look for another?

Mat

Hmmmm...that p me off no end too. You need a discount or a refund.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hmmmm...that p me off no end too. You need a discount or a refund.

Cheers, Ade.
    Agreed, but see if they will supply a WW II magazine.

Hi Mat, I will shoot some pics of my mag: marked "P38" on the side then two WaA marks to the back edge.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast