Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My FN Hi Power

Article about: Took delivery of this gorgeous Hi Power recently, ex Austrian Police issue, has two mags serial numbered to the gun (not the same as the FN serial number) LGK NO which is NiederOsterreich (N

Default My FN Hi Power

Took delivery of this gorgeous Hi Power recently, ex Austrian Police issue, has two mags serial numbered to the gun (not the same as the FN serial number) LGK NO which is NiederOsterreich (North Eastern Austria) came with the original box which has the gun serial number written inside and a cleaning rod, seems to have had very little use, I have had no luck dating it so far but I think it is early seventies...........so pleased with it and it is a live firer not de-act........yes it is possible to do this in the UK despite what you may have heard.............I am a happy man...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My FN Hi Power   My FN Hi Power  

My FN Hi Power   My FN Hi Power  

My FN Hi Power  

504 PIR Vet
    ?

Congratulations, that is an absolutely beautiful FN!
    Some firearms are timeless, and the Hi Power is defiantly amongst them.

Thanks guys......its a keeper for sure.......Mr Browning was nothing short of a genius.

?

Sound weapon.

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    Took delivery of this gorgeous Hi Power recently, ex Austrian Police issue, has two mags serial numbered to the gun (not the same as the FN serial number) LGK NO which is NiederOsterreich (North Eastern Austria) came with the original box which has the gun serial number written inside and a cleaning rod, seems to have had very little use, I have had no luck dating it so far but I think it is early seventies...........so pleased with it and it is a live firer not de-act........yes it is possible to do this in the UK despite what you may have heard.............I am a happy man...........
    It's more likely to be 1950s with a serial number like that. 1964 saw the intro of the T serial numbers and the Mk2 was introduced in 1962 so defo pre 1962.

What section does it fall under as I'd love to get a High Power again. I had to hand in my prized Nickel Chrome model in the last round of legislation.

Very nice Browning HP - Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Superb HP! Anyone would be More than happy to have this one!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    It's more likely to be 1950s with a serial number like that. 1964 saw the intro of the T serial numbers and the Mk2 was introduced in 1962 so defo pre 1962.

What section does it fall under as I'd love to get a High Power again. I had to hand in my prized Nickel Chrome model in the last round of legislation.
    Thanks, thats interesting to know, I did'nt consider it could date from as early as that, obviously I need to do a bit more research..........UK ownership of firearms like these is covered under section 7(3) of the Firearms Act (which makes for some light bed time reading...)..............heres a link to the relevant government website, it is freely accessible and wholly in the public domain so I'm not disclosing any state secrets.......message me if the link is bad.

http://www.gov.uk/government/publica...he-police-2012

?

So Lugerlout are you a member of some shooting club??. Because I would love to shoot again lol. & by the way this is an excellent pistol good job on getting it!! Cheers Terry.

Very nice piece, I had to hand in my Mk3 after Dunblane
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast