Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My full auto MG42

Article about: I own an all original worn finish and matching MG42 bring back from WW2. Luckily it was registered before the 1968 and 1986 cutoffs, so it is civilian ownable. This thing has a ridiculously

Default My full auto MG42

I own an all original worn finish and matching MG42 bring back from WW2. Luckily it was registered before the 1968 and 1986 cutoffs, so it is civilian ownable. This thing has a ridiculously high rate of fire. Love it!

New recoil spring vs old recoil spring...

MAP
    ?

Awesome...nothing more to say except I'm sure it's expensive to shoot.

Thanks for showing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

great looking MG42. Thanks for showing us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Very nice!! That high rate of fire gave it the nickname of "Hitlers buzzsaw." Up to 1800 rounds per minute is impressive even today.

Steve

?

A friend of mine has one among his MG collection. It is amazing how accurate it is when used in single shot mode on it tripod. In full auto it is a beast! The barrel changing system, among other features, is genius.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Very nice!! That high rate of fire gave it the nickname of "Hitlers buzzsaw." Up to 1800 rounds per minute is impressive even today.

Steve
    1200 rounds per minute.

The early Mg42s with the 10mm hole in the booster cone (as aposed to the 11.5mm) and lighter bolt without the locking wedge
    to stop bolt bounce would fire well above 1200rpm.

Quote by severin View Post
    The early Mg42s with the 10mm hole in the booster cone (as aposed to the 11.5mm) and lighter bolt without the locking wedge
    I will have to run that by a friend of mine, he wrote the book on them.

Quote by severin View Post
    Yep thats a well know fact.

Steve

Quote by relicz View Post
    A friend of mine has one among his MG collection. It is amazing how accurate it is when used in single shot mode on it tripod. In full auto it is a beast! The barrel changing system, among other features, is genius.
    My MG34 has single shot and full auto, but this MG42 is full auto only. There is no selector on them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast