Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Gun collection

Article about: Ive posted separate threads on some of my pieces but I thought id make a single thread on the heart of my collection, with a few extras. Unfortunately right now im at a stand still with my c

?

Default My Gun collection

Ive posted separate threads on some of my pieces but I thought id make a single thread on the heart of my collection, with a few extras. Unfortunately right now im at a stand still with my collection with this years tuition coming up but hopefully after thats paid off i can grab a few more.
    The next on my list is a S&W victory model and/or a Walther P38.

First up is a Canadian made Longbranch no.4 (1945), BSA mkIII* (1917), and a Enfield no2 revolver (1943)
    My Gun collection

Next is a Tula arsenal SVT-40 (1941) and Hex receiver M91/30 mosin nagant (1933), along with the classic Izhevsk tt-33 (1944)
    My Gun collection

Here we have a Swedish Carl Gustaf M96 Mauser (1905)
    My Gun collection

Sauer 38H 3rd Wehrmacht variation (1942?, would appreciate if someone can confirm the year, SN 342XXX)
    My Gun collection

Heres one with everything together, (from top to bottom M96, MKIII*, M91/30, SVT-40, No4., No2., TT-33, 38H)

If anyone wants close ups/info on anything let me know or if you have something to add feel free to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Gun collection  

MAP
    ?

Very nice collection. I think you have done quite well on a students budget...LoL!

I love the SVT-40. One I need for my collection eventually!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A fine collection lad.

?

Thanks guys, ive definitely caused lots of debate amongst my family over my budgeting. But like i keep telling them, i always make sure im caught up on expenses before purchasing and im working every chance i can get just to afford all my hobbies

The SVT-40 is definitely a jem in any collection and especially fun to fire at the range.

PRE
    ?

Phil97,
    Please enlighten a curious Californian about that type of Canadian flag, I'm intrigued by it. I went to Canada with fairly decent regularity when I was pretty young and living in Washington state, and have very good Canadian ex-pat friends.

Great grab on the SMLE and SVT-40! Well done.
    Best,
    Pat

?

the flag has a neat story behind it for sure and isnt your typical everyday flag even for the 40's. I actually picked this one op from the grandson of a vet who served in the RCAF during the war. The roundel depicted was adopted right after the war in 1946 and was used up until 1965 when the army, navy, and air force joined up under the single Canadian Forces designation. However the interesting part to this flag which is what im guessing your wondering about is the red stripes on the top portion. The vet who this belonged to was a Squadron Leader (major) during the war and as a thanks, some of the officers were given these flags as gifts for their service which included their rank at the top (Two thick stripes with a Thin Strip in between indicated the rank of major). On the top its dated 1946 with the broad arrow encased in a "C". Ive only ever seen pictures of one or two others so its quite rare and its unfortunate that its roughed up a bit.

If you want a few close ups I could take some tonight after work.

Very nice collection.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

PRE
    ?

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    the flag has a neat story behind it for sure and isnt your typical everyday flag even for the 40's. I actually picked this one op from the grandson of a vet who served in the RCAF during the war. The roundel depicted was adopted right after the war in 1946 and was used up until 1965 when the army, navy, and air force joined up under the single Canadian Forces designation. However the interesting part to this flag which is what im guessing your wondering about is the red stripes on the top portion. The vet who this belonged to was a Squadron Leader (major) during the war and as a thanks, some of the officers were given these flags as gifts for their service which included their rank at the top (Two thick stripes with a Thin Strip in between indicated the rank of major). On the top its dated 1946 with the broad arrow encased in a "C". Ive only ever seen pictures of one or two others so its quite rare and its unfortunate that its roughed up a bit.

If you want a few close ups I could take some tonight after work.
    Excellent! That's a great tribute for the major's service.
    No extra pics needed although they'd be well received. I was more interested in why the flag was in the configuration it's in. Thanks for providing the background!
    Best,
    Pat

nice load of guns.

An excellent collection to be proud of.

Jonathan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast