Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Ithaca M1911A1

Article about: Recently bought this 1943 Ithaca M1911A1, its in good condition with some light spider web corrosion in places which appears stable and should'nt get any worse, the only real issue is that t

Default My Ithaca M1911A1

Recently bought this 1943 Ithaca M1911A1, its in good condition with some light spider web corrosion in places which appears stable and should'nt get any worse, the only real issue is that the serial number shows some signs of having been tampered with, actually it is easily made out under strong light and a magnifier so I do know the correct number, it looks worse than it really is in the photos.

Having stripped it and examined the bore etc I have found that it functions very well and I have so far put 25 rounds through it and it shoots well, accurate with no cycling issues with factory ammo, so I seem to have got a good 'un.........Here in the UK we can apply for permission to aquire certain historic and collectable firearms for study and evaluation as a special condition of our firearms certificates...so I am especially pleased to have saved this one from the dreaded de-activation cemetery.......the dealer who sold it to me had it re-proofed so this old war horse has a new lease of life.........I'm a happy man.

I understand that in the USA the prices of these guns especially of wartime issue have risen quite steeply, I would like to ask any of our American members if this is indeed the case.....can any of you give me any examples of the prices being asked at gun dealers or gun shows......do good wartime examples actually come up for sale very often ?

Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Ithaca M1911A1   My Ithaca M1911A1  

My Ithaca M1911A1   My Ithaca M1911A1  

Beautiful pistol!I always wanted to get my hands on one of these. Thanks for sharing!
    Thaddeus

i have one of these 1943 issued ithaca's. You have a great looking pistol.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Beautiful piece. I recently have become very interested in these guns and hope to acquire one soon.

?

Very nice pistol.