Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My K98 Woodwork

Article about: I know I know, lol

Default Re: My K98 Woodwork

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    How do you guys in the U.K. do reenactments?
    We can legally buy bolt action rifles: you have to apply for a licence first from the Police. Costs £50 and lasts five years. We can hire LMG's/SMG's/Semi auto rifles at most events.

Cheers, Ade.

Reneblacky-did you not think to get the rifle rendered inoperable-the conditions for keeping it are less strict than a shooter-you only needed to have it registered and you would presumably have had the storage already-also you could have applied for a collectors license-as a vintage military bolt action rifle it would have qualified easily and again you would have the required storage for it. As I have mentioned previously on several posts it is possible to collect firearms in Australia under certain conditions-here in WA the laws were always much more strict than the eastern states-it was never legal to own a military style auto rifle like an SKS/M16/SLR type here even before Port Arthur-yet these are still available to a collector in some other states.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Reneblacky-did you not think to get the rifle rendered inoperable-the conditions for keeping it are less strict than a shooter-you only needed to have it registered and you would presumably have had the storage already-also you could have applied for a collectors license-as a vintage military bolt action rifle it would have qualified easily and again you would have the required storage for it. As I have mentioned previously on several posts it is possible to collect firearms in Australia under certain conditions-here in WA the laws were always much more strict than the eastern states-it was never legal to own a military style auto rifle like an SKS/M16/SLR type here even before Port Arthur-yet these are still available to a collector in some other states.
    G'day Lithgow
    At that time I had no knowelege of the different licence types nor was I in a position to be able to get it de activated, My shooters licence did not get approved for renewal so I had to hand it in at the time (All fire arms had to be registered unlike NSW at that time). I still have the correct provisions for storage ie bolted down steel safe.
    Semi autos with pistol type grips have been banned in VIC way way before I had a shooters licence back in 92, not sure when? Then Port Arthur banned all semi autos unless you where a primary producer. Not sure on the laws now as it's been a very long time ago

?

Hi VolksJager,

In W.A. you still need a lic for any gun if it has a serial number. Please check with the Police registry. I only spoke to the registry 2 weeks ago about these rules and regulations.

Victoria. Is is the first to be hit with Granny Laws Fire arms Japanese Swords and replica fire arms.

Hey I now have a replacemet hehehe

?

Very Nice, what scale is it

Quote by Mark View Post
    Very Nice, what scale is it
    Action man size not sure on the scale Cheers

?

Rene, I think it is about 1/6th if action man is 12 " tall . When I first looked at, it it got my attention. I had years ago an Australian 1880's Martini Action .303 used by the VIC/NSW mounted rifles in the Boar war, which I had to hand in because of the gun laws. I tried getting a curio lic but to no avail.All I needed for that rifle was the sight as it was missing.I understand your sorrow.

Cheer's ,Mark

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4