Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My latest C&R pick up - G41 duv

Article about: Hey Pitfighter Don't know if I mentioned it before but check out Gun Boards Forum as it contains a section on G/41s and G/43s. plenty of info regarding these guns. If you join post some pics

Default My latest C&R pick up - G41 duv

This is probably not the nicest G41 you will see, but it is a completely matching vet bring-back. I bought it from the fellow who found it in his relative's closet.
    The finish is tarnished - and I think I will leave it that way, obviously taking measures to prevent further tarnish.

The G43 is another matching vet bringback - the scope and mount are cheap fakes, but, look quite fun on it (until I can spend $2500 on an original scope and mount.) I added the original sling, sight-hood and cleaning rod, so they do not match (Martin Retting, Culver City.) The bummer with the G43 is that he used it to shoot deer, and then clubbed a beast in some dramatic incident, breaking the stock at the pistol grip.

But, I have a real fascination with these firearms, and do not really mind the history. I'll find another G43, this is simply my first, and the price was right, for what that is worth.
    Darrin Weaver's book, "Hitler's Garands" is awesome reading for anyone with an interest, I bought a copy directly from him on Ebay and had him inscribe it to me, which was cool.

Sorry about the bright sun, I wanted to examine some of the woodwork, so the bright light was good for my use.

Note the mass of steel towards the muzzle of the G41 - it is not a comfortable rifle to aim for any length of time.
    As Timothy Mullin likes to say: it is not a handy rifle, and does not feel "alive" in your hands.
    *Check out this author if you haven't heard of him!

2013-03-24140117_zps7fe12d32.jpg

Interesting to see the bolt handles are on reverse sides.
    2013-03-24140004_zps7dc2559c.jpg

If you look closely you can see where the handle was fixed together and then sanded - argghhh!

So annoying when threads are buggered on original screws.
    2013-03-24135919_zps9eab16e8.jpg

Tough to see, but it is a matching numbered stock, too, which is nice.

Cont'd.

Default Re: My latest C&R pick up - G41 duv

Yup, less than half the pics show up.

Here is the more distinct serial stamp on the G43 stock - also all matching.

The Bang gas reciprocator/trap on the muzzle of the G41 - which helps give it a very front heavy feeling.

Showing a little of the factory code, and bakelite forearm.
    2013-03-24135732_zps59228357.jpg

The poor quality of the metal finish on the mag, is not rare with this model.
    2013-03-24135720_zps96c0562f.jpg

Cont'd/

The G43 with fake scope and mount, I know, but I like the look of them,lol.
    The sling, cleaning rod, and sight hood are all original and period correct, but were added by me.
    2013-03-24135706_zps79b57264.jpg

Reverse of the G41.
    2013-03-24135608_zpsf64177d8.jpg

Reverse of both rifles.
    2013-03-24135522_zps65583087.jpg

This one is just to make sure you're still here, lol.

I can't seem to get PB or direct upload to work.
    and this IS the only site I have this problem with, my apologies, it is simply beyond my intellect.

Pit.

I like them both. These G43s and 41s seem a lot tougher to come by than 98s. Usually go for good bucks when you can find them. The 41 is defininitely an interesting design. Not sure how this gas system proved as far as dependability. Thanks for posting

Nice guns as always thanks for sharing

I have a soft spot for the G41's - they really are the bridge between the K98 and the MP44 - I find them quite interesting from this respect.

I have a couple of K98's - but I am far more intrigued by the semi auto rifles.
    The G41's are not cheap, and I think they will continue to increase in value, that's is one of the reasons I enjoy buying them

Pit.

?

Two very nice looking examples

Brad.

Quote by pitfighter View Post

Showing a little of the factory code, and bakelite forearm.
    2013-03-24135732_zps59228357.jpg

Cont'd/
    Bakelit are you sure? It looks like Vinol wood.

Great looking G41.
    Thanks for sharing these great firearms with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Handguard/forearm is the top section of the stock, ahead of the rear sight - it is a Bakelite material, it may have a different technical name, but it is basically molded Bakelite.

So, am I sure, no, lol - but everything I have read simply refers to this material as Bakelite.

Please let me know any info. you may have on it, I am always interested to learn!!!!

Cheers,

Pit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast