Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Long Lee Enfield

Article about: Beauty

?

Default My Long Lee Enfield

Here's a Long Lee Enfield I have. Serial # 7527, Mk I, BSA & M CO. dated 1896. 303 cal. The serial number places the rifle as used by Canadians and and a good possibility in the Boer war by Canadian troops. It is all correct and matching with about 95% original bluing remaining and is complete with the volley sights. It also has the almost always missing, clearing (not cleaning) rod, used to clear the chamber of a stuck case. It replaced the cleaning rod of the earlier models and has no eye for a patch. The bore is about good-VG condition with strong rifling. A very nice looking excellent condition rifle. It’s complete with a correct good condition bayonet w/o scabbard. The clearing rod fits in a hole in the bayonet‘s handle.

My Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee EnfieldMy Long Lee Enfield
    Last edited by RayG; 11-20-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Default Re: My Long Lee Enfield

Super rifle!

Cheers, Ade.

Cool Re: My Long Lee Enfield

nice

?

nice bayonet also

What a superb example. I have one of those on my Christmas list

Beautiful rifle and bayonet. Thanks for posting.

you said from the serial number you found out who was using it. How can you find out? its been bugging me with my Mannlicher Berthier

Cheers,
    Berthier92

?

Berthier92 the rifle was imported from Canada to the states where I got it. I did some research then and found that it was in the block of serial numbers that were sold/issued to Canada and Canadian troops served in the Borer war with Long Lees. So that's why I said there was a possibility it was there.
    Not sure how you could determine the history of your Berthier rifle though. Fortunately there was some infomation on the serial number rifle sales to Canada on the Long Lees however I can't recall what site I found this info on anymore though. Ray

?

Really super LLE. I am jealous. I haven't seen one in that condition in a very long time.

That is a beauty. Just does it fire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast