Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My M1 Garand

Article about: Heres some pics of my 1944 Garand made by Winchester It had a replacement barrel put on in 1955, some parts are mismatched..but I dont care if they are : P. It was owned by my uncle who sadl

Default My M1 Garand

Heres some pics of my 1944 Garand made by Winchester It had a replacement barrel put on in 1955, some parts are mismatched..but I dont care if they are : P. It was owned by my uncle who sadly passed away in 2007 due to a heart problem. My grand father gave it to me after he died. Next time me and my family drive down we're gonna take back up to are house. The first pic is what it looked like when I pulled it out from under the bed the scope was made by Bushnell it was a sidemount so no harm done to the gun, I also put in a pic of my uncles Military police AR-15, After I took the scope off I found the original rear sights and put those back on took make it all original again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1 Garand   My M1 Garand  

My M1 Garand   My M1 Garand  

Default Re: My M1 Garand

Very nice George! Gotta make you proud to have it in the family. Nice AR too. I hope you have the opportunity to take it out and put some rounds through it. Do some reading before you shoot, and don't let that bolt catch your thumb. Make sure you take it to the gunsmith for an inspection and get the headspace checked. Also, use quality ammo so the gun cycles right. It's fun to rip through a clip and hear that PING! Thanks for showing.

Take care,
    Jay

I will, I've heard of that south korean and south african ammo that can implode your barrel When ever we get the chance I might just buy that American eagle mil spec ammo for it only

It's a nice one, hope you enjoy shooting it.

Mike

Thanks Mike : ) I have to wait to shoot it..: (

Hi,
    Lovely rifle the Garand i would love one for my collection, but over here it would have to be deac. They are expensive also, but really iconic, the AR 15, I have fired here in the U.K, when in the army we trained for a while with the U.S army and swoppped weapons for a day. It was great as the U.s, soldiers hated the SLR we had,
    Said they are to heavy, lol. anyway have fun fireing the rifle.
    thanks for showing it.
    dave.

nice rifle,,,take care of it,and it will take care of you,,,

Awesome rifles hope you have fun taking it them to the range

Thanks for showing

Danny

Thaks for all the comments guys I've held the ar-15 at my shoulder when I was down there and the feel isn't good in my opinion but its still a nice one..George