Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M44 Mosin Nagant

Article about: by theotherhomer Very nice, Is that a M27 or M28? Thanks! M28 I believe...at least thats what ive been told.

Default My M44 Mosin Nagant

I got this M44 about a week ago, This one is a Izzy made one , In 1944 Has next to no cosmoline in the bolt or chamber. It was counterbored during the refurbishment but bright and stong grooves, I hopefully can shoot this and my M1 on sunday.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M44 Mosin Nagant   My M44 Mosin Nagant  

My M44 Mosin Nagant  

Default Re: My M44 Mosin Nagant

My favorite rifle!

I also have a '44 dated M44 Ishevsk. That thing will destroy your shoulder, ear drums, and whatever has the misfortune of being in front of it.

Yours looks really nice, congratulations!

Thanks! I lost part of my hearing in my right ear after firing my M1 in California..Never forgetting to put on hearing protection again..

The first rifle I ever shot was my M44 and I went without ear protection. Needless to say that wasn't a very smart idea.

I had the chance to buy a Carcano TS carbine for $50 today! It's a shame i didn't have $50 on me.

You should go back and see if it's there tomorrow, Aren't Carcanos pretty rare nowdays?

Nice rifle! I have the Romanian variant. I too forgot hearing protection once. Once. If yours was made in 1944 that is one of the lower production years.

OT, I hadn't heard about Carcanos being terribly rare-I thought you could still pick up shooters for way less than $200 each...

?

Here's one i picked up recently.It's a finnish civil guard Tikka =S= version.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M44 Mosin Nagant   My M44 Mosin Nagant  

My M44 Mosin Nagant   My M44 Mosin Nagant  

My M44 Mosin Nagant  

Very nice, Is that a M27 or M28?

The TS carbines aren't too hard to find, just hard to find for $50 in good condition. I have always wanted a Finnish M28.

I haven't yet had the chance to shoot an M1, are those fun?

M1 Garands are very fun, My expirence, It makes a shockwave and the dust at your feet even from standing will fly away, Just gotta make sure you use the correct ammo in them and you'll be fine. Taking my M1 to the range today hopefully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast