Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

my mauser 98 turkish 8mm

Article about:

Default my mauser 98 turkish 8mm

Default Re: my mauser 98 turkish 8mm

Very nice M1903 (?) Turk Mauser, I've got one too but it's 1934 Rework. These rifles are pretty fun to shoot.

Very nice rifle.

Nice grain! And yes, they are fun to shoot. I have a couple of em but no bayo. I almost sold one for $50 several yrs. ago. Fortunately the guy decided not to buy it. Ron

Nice! I have a couple of Turks left. One is orig, matching, and the other is sporterized. Picked up a bunch of them when the local store had them on sale for $59 with the bayos and gear.

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Nice! I have a couple of Turks left. One is orig, matching, and the other is sporterized. Picked up a bunch of them when the local store had them on sale for $59 with the bayos and gear.
    Great deal! A 'few' yrs. ago I'd gather.

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Great deal! A 'few' yrs. ago I'd gather.
    Yeah, 5 or 6 years ago the wholesale on them was about $39. Big 5 Sporting goods had them on sale with all the goodies for $59. Factoring in the shipping and such, it was cheaper to go to Big 5. Bought a half dozen Turks, K31, VZ24 and a couple of Yugos on the same day. I got one Turk that was mint and unfired, one that was well worn but mechanically perfect (and obviously well cared for by it's former "owner") and one that was mechanically perfect, but hammered. The last one got sporterized. I have sold off all but two, but I'll keep the two that I still have. I gave the unfired one to my friend's son.

Still have a Yugo that is mint, too, and it was $79. Should have bought a dozen.

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Yeah, 5 or 6 years ago the wholesale on them was about $39. Big 5 Sporting goods had them on sale with all the goodies for $59. Factoring in the shipping and such, it was cheaper to go to Big 5. Bought a half dozen Turks, K31, VZ24 and a couple of Yugos on the same day. I got one Turk that was mint and unfired, one that was well worn but mechanically perfect (and obviously well cared for by it's former "owner") and one that was mechanically perfect, but hammered. The last one got sporterized. I have sold off all but two, but I'll keep the two that I still have. I gave the unfired one to my friend's son.

Still have a Yugo that is mint, too, and it was $79. Should have bought a dozen.
    You sure stepped in the right places! Right place,right time. Well done. Ron PS. That wood looks well cured