Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Mauser C/96 "Broomhandle" 7.63mm Pistol. Atypically for me, not mint , but still really clean.

Article about: Here is a pretty nice example of a 7.63mm caliber C/96 Broomhandle pistol from my meager collection. It has all matching serial numbers, has no import marks and the bore is still in excellen

?

Default My Mauser C/96 "Broomhandle" 7.63mm Pistol. Atypically for me, not mint , but still really clean.

Here is a pretty nice example of a 7.63mm caliber C/96 Broomhandle pistol from my meager collection. It has all matching serial numbers, has no import marks and the bore is still in excellent condition. I bought it many years ago and I have always really liked the lines and look of this particular model of pistol. According to my reference documentation and the serial number being 893,3XX, this gun appears to have been made in 1933.

My Mauser C/96 "Broomhandle" 7.63mm Pistol. Atypically for me, not mint , but still really clean.My Mauser C/96 "Broomhandle" 7.63mm Pistol. Atypically for me, not mint , but still really clean.

Default Re: My Mauser C/96 "Broomhandle" 7.63mm Pistol. Atypically for me, not mint , but still really clean.

Beautiful shape! I have always loved the looks of the broom handles. They have such great balance-they Feel good in your hand and are absolutely smooth to fire and handle. It's a shame that the ammunition for this calibre is so hard to come by! Which probably explains why the Red 9's are so horribly expensive! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: My Mauser C/96 "Broomhandle" 7.63mm Pistol. Atypically for me, not mint , but still really clean.

William, thanks for the kind words. We are kindred spirits when it comes to these cool pistols. FYI. Field stripping them is a real hoot as they are made like Chinese puzzles. I have never shot nor plan to shoot my C/96 so ammunition availability is not a problem for me.

Bob

I've never fired a full auto one with the shoulder stock,but I'd sure love to! Great guns,the brooms-even Churchill carried one in the Boer war. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice Piece! How much do these usually go for?