Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My mp40

Article about: Ok , here it is as requested, Its not the correct sling I dont think, no markings, cross hatchings etc but it looks ok, I think its off a carcano ?(excuse my spelling!), I purchased this aft

Ron.B
    ?

Default My mp40

Ok , here it is as requested, Its not the correct sling I dont think, no markings, cross hatchings etc but it looks ok, I think its off a carcano ?(excuse my spelling!), I purchased this after advertising in the local paper wanted adds for ww2 millitaria, a guy rang and said ive got an mp40 in my shed, i bet you wouldnt be interested though would ya?!, needless to say I was handing over the asking price within the hour!
    I occasionally look to see what these are fetching and the prices seem to vary quite alot, if indeed you can find one so ill be interested to know what sort of price you guys put on it. as you can see its has lost alot of the original blueing and there are only 2 matching numbers. but over all its quite nice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My mp40   My mp40  

My mp40   My mp40  

My mp40   My mp40  

Default Re: My mp40

Hello Ron,
    Looks like a nice MP, even if mismatched. Thanks for sharing. In Europe a MP40 is expensive now.....in France, the price of a deac MP40 is around 1300 to 1600 euro. Could you post more pics showing the sling. It has a german buckle so i doubt it is a carcano one. By the way, it is upside down on the MP, the closing stud should be at the rear...
    thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Ron.B
    ?

Thanks for that info, heres some close ups of the sling, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My mp40   My mp40  

My mp40   My mp40  

Nice MP40, and I think the sling is a MP40 one
    Ben

Ron.B
    ?

oh ok, whats the best thing to use to soften it up?, its not too bad but would benefit from a leather feed of some description.

Treating old leather can be a contentious issue with some people. But I would recommend "Connolly's Hide Food". It is not cheap but I have used it successfully on many items.

Cheers, Ade.

I think I've heard of Connollys before in 'Military Trader'. They had some good articles about the subject. Yes,a little pricey. Treating leather with so-called preservatives can destroy leather. Especially old leather. As Ade stated, some people have their misgivings. Some things are better left untouched sometimes. A kind of darn d if ya do and darn d if ya don't.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Ron,
    Looks like a nice MP, even if mismatched. Thanks for sharing. In Europe a MP40 is expensive now.....in France, the price of a deac MP40 is around 1300 to 1600 euro. Could you post more pics showing the sling. It has a german buckle so i doubt it is a carcano one. By the way, it is upside down on the MP, the closing stud should be at the rear...
    thanks
    in st mere eglise they go for 2100 2300 deactivated

?

Nice one the sling looks original ...

Pricerange from 500E to 30000$

?

I always been a big fan of the MP40, a nice looking well designed weapon. I even had a 9mm Blank firing one of these many years back, and I can say it was a much nicer weapon to fire when compare to the Sten gun. Plus much better looking.

Nige.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast