Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My New 1895 Hembrug Rifle

Article about: My Portuguese Vergueiro Mauser M 1904-rare to find in the original 6.5mm x 58P as most still in Portuguese use were rebuilt in 7.92mm in the late 1930s-speaking of Latin America, some left o

?

Default My New 1895 Hembrug Rifle

What's the verdict on this 1895 Hembrug Rifle? I have been looking for one for many years but never found one that was complete. Usually the cleaning rod rod was missing and/or the condition left a lot to be desired I probably over paid but Dutch rifles are a large hole in my collection and this is the first one I have seen in may years. I bought the bayonet many years ago but never found the rifle until now.

?

Default Re: My New 1895 Hembrug Rifle

Hi Sam,
    i'm amazed some of these old rifles are even still around, let alone in that nice of condition. do you have an 1878 Dutch beaumont vitali ? i picked this one up last summer at a yard sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My  New 1895 Hembrug Rifle   My  New 1895 Hembrug Rifle  

My  New 1895 Hembrug Rifle   My  New 1895 Hembrug Rifle  

My  New 1895 Hembrug Rifle   My  New 1895 Hembrug Rifle  

?

Quote by Andrew View Post
    Hi Sam,
    i'm amazed some of these old rifles are even still around, let alone in that nice of condition. do you have an 1887 Dutch beaumont vitali ? i picked this one up last summer at a yard sale.
    Hi Andrew,
    Yes I have a Dutch 1871/88 Beaumont Vitali and it's bayonet. I have had it quite a long time (25 years) That was my first Dutch weapon. They are great rifles a hard to come but these days, great find.

?

i was thinking about taking mine to the gun show this weekend to see if there was any interest in it.

?

Sammev, I must admit I know nothing about those rifles but that is one fine looking rifle and glad you found it to help complete your collection, Ray

Hi,
    thanks for showing your rifles they are the first iv seen of this type.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Andrew View Post
    i was thinking about taking mine to the gun show this weekend to see if there was any interest in it.
    Hi Andrew,
    6th edition of" Standard Catalog Of Military Firearms" lists the value as exc $400, VG $300, Good $200 and fair $150. Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Sam

?

Quote by RayG View Post
    Sammev, I must admit I know nothing about those rifles but that is one fine looking rifle and glad you found it to help complete your collection, Ray
    Hi Ray & PanzerG,
    Thanks for your kind replies. You do not see Dutch rifles very often in the US and the ones you do see are usually the ones you wouldn't want in a collection. I tend to be very picky. However the search continues for some of the early carbines. I already have a minty 3 digit serial number Queen Juliana Mauser. Still looking for a Queen Wilhelmina Mauser.
    Regards,
    Sam

Very superior example you have there-from what I have observed the demand/market for minor European powers weapons in the US is limited to hardcore collectors-possibly because shooting ammo is limited for odd calibres?

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Very superior example you have there-from what I have observed the demand/market for minor European powers weapons in the US is limited to hardcore collectors-possibly because shooting ammo is limited for odd calibres?
    Lithgow,
    Thanks for the praise.You are absolutely right. I guess I am one of those hard core collectors as I especially like the weapons of smaller countries worldwide. I especially like the rifles used by the countries in South and Central America as well as Europe. One of my very favorites is my Chilean Carbineros Carbine.
    I don't worry about odd calibers as I reload over 30 calibers. The 6.5X53R Dutch caliber as well even though I don't shoot most of them very much. I still like the ability to have the ammo when I need it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast