Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My New AIAW Folder Range Report

Article about: I only had 25 rounds loaded up for my 308 TRG 22 that I have use in matches. It took me 5 rounds to zero the AIAW folder. That left me 4 5 shot groups. If 4 shot groups were the norm I would

?

Default My New AIAW Folder Range Report

I only had 25 rounds loaded up for my 308 TRG 22 that I have use in matches. It took me 5 rounds to zero the AIAW folder. That left me 4 5 shot groups. If 4 shot groups were the norm I would be a decent shooter. I blew one shot in each group. Groups were measured with exteme edge to edge distance then 0.3 subtracted. That geave me 2 0.7" 5 shot 100 yard groups and 2 0.45" groups. Average for all 4 0.575"
    I still have to get use to the trigger as it is different from my TRG 22. Also hoping as barrel breaks in i'll get better groups if I do my part. Range conditions Raw with 5-10 mph winds 20 dergee angle down range

Default Re: My New AIAW Folder Range Report

You will have to update the thread with more results, under idea conditions. What did the MNFR say these rifles average for groups? I would think they would be about as good as it can get. 1/2 MOA??

I take it you are using the atlas bipod?

Barrel break in has always been heavily debated and discussed on other firearms forums. One would think on a high end barrel,that it would be a good proceedure.

I would be curious to see if you get any fluctuation once the barrel heats up. the SMK 168 grainers should be a perfect match for that barrel.

that is one hell of a rifle

?

Default Re: My New AIAW Folder Range Report

Quote by command450 View Post
    You will have to update the thread with more results, under idea conditions. What did the MNFR say these rifles average for groups? I would think they would be about as good as it can get. 1/2 MOA??

I take it you are using the atlas bipod?

Barrel break in has always been heavily debated and discussed on other firearms forums. One would think on a high end barrel,that it would be a good proceedure.

I would be curious to see if you get any fluctuation once the barrel heats up. the SMK 168 grainers should be a perfect match for that barrel.

that is one hell of a rifle
    Yes I am using an Atlas bipod it's as good or better than the TRG 22 bipod. From what I have been told or read 0.5" is what you can expect consistently. Some groups may be better . The AIAW guru's say after 100 rounds or so the groups become more consistent. It makes me crazy tht I can put 4 shots in most of the groups well under 0.5" and one of the shots, usually the 5th opens the groups up. That's probably me.

As I shoot more consistent groups I will post them. I love the 168 SMK's. I tried the 175 SMK's and 155 grain Scenar's in my TRG 22 and the 168 SMK's shot the best. Perhaps at ranges over 600 yards the 175 SMK's would do better but as I said I don't shoot past 600 yards.