Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My New AIAW Folding Sniper

Article about: I have been wanting a companion sniper rifle to keep my TRG 22 company. The 308 Win Accuracy International Arctic Warfare folder with a 24" Breitland barrel was my choice. It has an Atl

?

Default My New AIAW Folding Sniper

I have been wanting a companion sniper rifle to keep my TRG 22 company. The 308 Win Accuracy International Arctic Warfare folder with a 24" Breitland barrel was my choice. It has an Atlas bipod, T.A.B. Gear sling and a Nightforce NXS 8-32X 56 scope with high speed turrets and zero stop with a MOAR reticle in an AI 18 MOA mount. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but range day will be tomorrow.

Default Re: My New AIAW Folding Sniper

Blimey....All you need now is a grassy knoll.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Beautiful.... best platform in the world. Why didn't you go with the lapua cartridge..? Holds the record for the longest confirmed kill.

?

I dont do any long range shooting. The longest distance i shoot is 600 yards. If i had greater distances available I would have gotten the 338 Lapaua but that would be a waste at the short distances I shoot to say nothing of the huge increased cost of shooting. In 308 I can shoot a lot more.

Quote by samnev View Post
    I dont do any long range shooting. The longest distance i shoot is 600 yards. If i had greater distances available I would have gotten the 338 Lapaua but that would be a waste at the short distances I shoot to say nothing of the huge increased cost of shooting. In 308 I can shoot a lot more.
    I can believe it. what's the rate per round over there, $6-$8 wouldn't suprise me?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Fantastic!

Reach out and touch someone!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Wow, that is a beauty!

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I can believe it. what's the rate per round over there, $6-$8 wouldn't surprise me?
    Your spot on. The Lapua brand 338 runs about $6.50 to $7.00 depending on where you buy it Nosler, Federal and Hornady about the same. It might be cheaper from one of the on line vendors. But I reload for my 308 TRG 22 with 168 grain SMK's using 308 Lapua brass. So no additional costs are involved loading for the AIAW.
    Last edited by samnev; 11-15-2012 at 05:10 PM.

?

Thanks guys for all the kind posts on the AIAW. Today is range day, I hope, so range results will follow.

?

A beautiful rifle. Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast