Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

my new deac flare/riot gun thought i would show it off

Article about: Hi All Had a day off today (at last) so went to Leeds Arms fair and picked this one up. i collect flare pistols and this has been made from a ww2 aircraft/tank flare pistol. this is the only

Default my new deac flare/riot gun thought i would show it off

Hi All
    Had a day off today (at last) so went to Leeds Arms fair and picked this one up.
    i collect flare pistols and this has been made from a ww2 aircraft/tank flare pistol.
    this is the only one of these that i have ever seen so am very happy to have it in the collection. if any one has any history or comments that would be good.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my new deac flare/riot gun thought i would show it off  

Default Re: my new deac flare/riot gun thought i would show it off

Hi Andy,
    I don't recall ever seeing one of those in Belfast in the 70's. The one's I used tended to be the Fed Riot Gun and a converted Webley - possibly the line-thrower type. I recall it was dated 1916, had brass grips and a walnut shoulder stock. I was quite handy with both types!

Thats a really nice piece, well done.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi Andy,
    I don't recall ever seeing one of those in Belfast in the 70's. The one's I used tended to be the Fed Riot Gun and a converted Webley - possibly the line-thrower type. I recall it was dated 1916, had brass grips and a walnut shoulder stock. I was quite handy with both types!
    Hi
    a friend of mine used one over there he did not like it at all i think he wanted the new Fed riot gun instead. the converted webly you mention is on my wants list but is very hard to find it was a 1.5 inch flare gun i have a flare case for it waiting till i get the gun may be some time though.
    i like this one though i have an example of the flare gun that it is made from so nice to display as a pair.
    i also managed to get a ammo box for the 12 batton rounds with foam insert so just need 11 more rounds to fill it at least these are easy to get at the moment.
    regards
    Andy

Hi dogdog47, is there anyway you would sell this or px for a replica HK69 baton gun? Ive been looking one to complete my NI related collection. Your help is much appreciated.