Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

my new enfield with mills bomb launcher

Article about: My new treasure from the gun show today. Just wanted to share.

That's a great link for information. Thank you Watchdog!

Hmmmmm....

Hahaha, I know what you are thinking but a standard blank carries a much lower charge than those cartridges intended to lob a 2lb bomb. I know that a tennis ball is nowhere near the same but will 15 grains or less send it very far (especially considering the mass to weight ratio)?

The No1 seed tennis player might launch a ball at warp factor f**k but a Mills Bomb?

Only you can tell us mate
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I seem to remember reading about a special cartridge used for the M-1 Carbine grenade launcher which stated it was much higher pressure than a standard blank cartridge. It specifically warned the user not to shoot it from the shoulder or bad things would happen to your bones. I'm pretty sure the same would apply to the cartridge needed for your launcher. I'll try to find the literature tonight.

Nice launcher and rifle by the way

Burt

I would like those cartridges for collector purposes but I do know the high pressures are why the rifle has a wire wrap. I won't be firing them in a 70 year old rifle.

Just an FYI--Not sure if this would be of interest to you but will throw it out. If you collect military arms in the US it may behoove you to get an Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) Curio and Relic License. It is fairly easy and you do need to keep purchase records but you can buy direct from mail order vendors etc at much lower prices than at gun shows. Some people are skittish about it because technically ATF can come and review records etc at their will, still in the many years I've had one I've never had a problem. An example of my purchases is that several years ago when German KAR98s were being imported in to the US I purchase one via mail order for $100.00, when I received it it was dated 1940 and had all original matching serial numbers except for one trigger guard screw, the only draw back to it is that it does have the import stamps on the barrel which are required-Still have this rifle!-hope this helps you or any others that are interested

Funny you mentioned that because I downloaded the c&r form three days ago. I just need to send it in.

Glad to be of assistance!! I live in NY State where we are prohibited from purchasing pistols with a C&R license but I believe you can in Texas unless prohibited by law!

Yes we can purchase pistols direct with a c&r..

Love... 15...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast