Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new M1 carbine

Article about: Went to the gunshow yesterday and bought a few things. This one was the best I believe. 1943 postal meter m1 carbine, canvass bag and bayonet bundle. Everything is original but the stock is

Default My new M1 carbine

My new M1 carbine
    My new M1 carbine
    My new M1 carbine
    My new M1 carbine

Went to the gunshow yesterday and bought a few things. This one was the best I believe. 1943 postal meter m1 carbine, canvass bag and bayonet bundle. Everything is original but the stock is refurbished. Only other choice was a GM but all original. Decided on this one because my research on these showed that postal meter was responsible for only 6.8% of production. Thanks for reading guys.

?

I should have a few 30 round clips around somewhere.. Is the oiler still inside the stock held by the sling perhaps or any "Painted" markings on the stock ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

So you finally got it

Nice KW refurb!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Oiler isn't there. I will check for markings.

Yeah finally. Im done with firearms now. Filled an entire wall so its time to move on.

Oh sorry.. Barrel is IBM.. Postal meter contracted barrels from other manufacturers.

@Gwar.. Hang on to those mags, buddy. Im sure something can be arranged.

My new M1 carbine

Only thing I found on the stock was this... looks like some kind of writing or blemish..

?

These firearms are sturdy and great...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new M1 carbine  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I had always been told that the 15 round clip as shown was the proper mag for the semi-autos. The 30 round bananas were for the select fire M-2's. I tried several bananas in my Inland Division and they always jammed like Hell, but the straight wall 15's fired smooth as silk.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast