Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My new Swedish M41 Sniper

Article about: I just bought this and everything is all correct for a M41 sniper. The rifle is dated 1909 and all the serial numbers that are visible are matching. It has a AGA M/42 scope, serial #278, mou

?

Default My new Swedish M41 Sniper

I just bought this and everything is all correct for a M41 sniper.
    The rifle is dated 1909 and all the serial numbers that are visible are matching. It has a AGA M/42 scope, serial #278, mount and rings are both stamped #2035. The stock disk is also stamped with the #2035 mount and ring number. The scope lens are clear as a bell. The metal bluing appears to be about 99% and the stock has only minor blemishes.
    I paid $1600 for it with the scope cover, the cleaning rod muzzle guide, front sight cover and the sling which is for the Swedish BAR but commonly used by snipers instead of the shorter regular rifle sling. I thought that was a reasonable price from what I have seen for these M41 snipers. It was originally priced at $1950.

My new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 Sniper
    Last edited by RayG; 12-10-2012 at 05:13 PM.

?

Default Re: My new Swedish M41 Sniper

My new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 SniperMy new Swedish M41 Sniper

?

Congrats on your new sniper rig. I cant offer any input on these, but sure looks like it is very well made.

Thanks for sharing !

?

Congrats on your new Swede sniper. The M41 is getting very hard to fond. Mine is in about the same condition and will shoot close to 1" 100 yard groups with tailored hand loads. The 3X scope is the limiting factor.

?

Wow, that is one beautiful rifle!!! Congrats!!

An excellently made and formidably accurate rifle...congrats.

?

A little story about the rifle. I saw this rifle at a big 1500 table gun show and almost bought it for $1700 but I knew very little about these Swede snipers so passed on it. When I got home, I researched it and I really kicked myself in the butt for not buying it. Not only was it all correct but the sling, the scope cover, along with the muzzle cover and cleaning rod cover added some money to an already bargin price for the rifle.
    I went to the same show several months later and it was still there and unsold. Now that usually raises red flags, but now armed with a lot more knowledge about the sniper I saw there was nothing wrong with it that I could see. I just figured not many people knew too much about those Swede snipers like I didn't at first and $1700 was a bit much to take a chance on. I showed it to a guy at the show after I purchased it, he said he also saw it and said he wished he knew more about too as it looked good to him but just like me at first, he wasn't sure it was ok. And the best part is I even got it for $100 less.
    So some times the good ones sit through a few shows w/o selling as no one is familiar with what they are.

Just to reinforce this point, A similar thing happened to me about five years ago when I saw a Trials Enfield "T", No. 4 sniper rifle at a show for sale, dated 1931. But it didn't have all the regular sniper proof marks on it so I passed on it as I thought it was a put together . Well it was at several more shows after I first saw it and still it had not been sold. One day I saw several articles about Enfield Trials sniper rifles that were converted to snipers and realized that the one at the show was all correct. The early ones converted by Enfield were not marked like ones Holland & Holland converted later. So not only was it a scarce Trials rifle but also a Enfield arsenal made sniper.
    Well the next show I went to, and like the Swede sniper, I was all stressed out hoping it would be at that show and it still was and I bought it for $1300. And it is all correct. One recently just like it, in slightly better condition, went for $5,800 on Gunboards a few weeks ago.
    Ray
    Last edited by RayG; 12-13-2012 at 02:08 PM.